Favorite Video Game

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Kratos, Jun 20, 2008.

Tags:
  1. Firefly

Firefly Member

Yep! Garry's Mod is awesome! My older brother got out the big thumper and put thrusters on it so it could fly and "kick" and called it "Space Foot."

I have some funny pictures of something I made once around here somewhere but I can't figure out how to get to them.

My favorite Half-Life character is Barney Calhoun. He's cool. And funny.

2. ValianceInEnd

ValianceInEnd Active Member

Yup, I love Gmod as well. I'd like to see what ya made. I once made a giant armored train with all this crazy stuff, and then my friend wired it so it actually works like a vehicle. My friend is insane with that game. He's working on a walker that will open up so you can get in and move around and shoot stuff.

Haha, and Barney is really cool. He didn't have much to do with the first Half-Life though.

3. Firefly

Firefly Member

That's awesome. :D Once, my younger brother and I tried to weld a chair to he top of a jeep and drive it around with thrusters in Mr. Bean fashion. But it had some flaws.

What's really fun is to put thrusters on the bottom of an airboat and weld dynamite to the back. You can go really high up and then use the dynamite and do flips. It's sweet.

Yeah, in the first Half-Life, Barney was mainly just an extra. Even in Blue Shift he didn't play a huge part, even though he was the protagonist in that one. But now he's like an undercover combat soldier or something. I like it when Gordon, Barney, Alyx and Kleiner are all in Kleiner's lab. Lots of funny quotes in there, especially those involving the cat and those involving Lamarr (however you spell her name).

4. KP Williams

KP Williams Active Member

Let me look at all my consoles...

NES: The Legend of Zelda
    SNES: The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past
    N64: The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask
    Gamecube: The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker
    GBC: Pokemon Silver
    GBA: Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire
    Playstation: Chrono Cross
    Dreamcast: Crazy Taxi
    360: Assassin's Creed; The Orange Box (especially the Half-Life 2 collection)
    PC: Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic

As you can see, I rather like Zelda. :p And Pokemon's about all I've ever played as far as handheld games go.

5. Firefly

Firefly Member

Yay! Another Half-Life 2 fan! :D

I haven't gotten HL2: EP2 yet, though. I want to, but I'm saving up my money to buy a better airsoft gun.

6. ValianceInEnd

Sounds like fun. And I love working with the airboat. I strap thrusters and balloons to it and make a sort of make-shift hover craft.

And doesn't Barney call Lamar a head-humper or something? lol :p

7. Firefly

Firefly Member

Yeah. When Lamar jumps into the teleporter, Kleiner says, "What is that?" And Barney says, "It's your pet the freakin' head-humper!" That's probably my all-time favorite quote.

I use hoverballs and make the airboat into a hovercraft. Then I still add the dynamite because I like explosions. :D

My younger brother likes to trap a bunch of antlions in a building and 'feed' things to them. Living things. :eek: He's kind of...odd. He does the same with barnacles. If you feed them a poison headcrab, they die, unsurprisingly.

8. ValianceInEnd

He feeds them? Haha, that sounds like good wholesome entertainment. :D

9. SonnehLee

SonnehLee Contributor Contributor

PS2: Dark Cloud
    PC: The Sims
    PS1: Spyro 1

10. Firefly

Firefly Member

Yep! Once we even made an 'alien zoo.' But then all the aliens escaped and tried to kill me.

You know what's really scary? Going to Ravenholm late at night when you're like the only one up. And you can hear the fast zombies howl. :eek:

Oh, I just remembered something. Long ago, my older brother changes the sound files on Half-Life 1 and made the scientists say weird things. I mean, weird random things that any sane person wouldn't find funny. But, well, we're not sane. :cool:

11. ValianceInEnd

Now I wanna build an alien zoo! I'm gonna go do that right now... :p

Ravenholm wasn't that scary in my opinion, but I can definitely see how that could freak you out. It's a well-done level.

That sounds freakin' awesome! Do you know how to do that so I can try it? haha

12. Firefly

Firefly Member

Yeah. I'm just easily freaked out. I could watch scary movies all day and not even cringe, but when it comes to zombies running at me in a video game, it's really suspenseful. But both of my brothers can go through the entire game without nearly having a heart attack. I'm kind of a sissy. :rolleyes:

I wish I knew how to do that. My brother's the computer person in my house. I'm useless when it comes to the 'behind-the-scenes' stuff in video games. If I can get the info from my brother, I'll share it with you.

13. ValianceInEnd

Haha, then you shouldn't play the Resident Evil games. Those are intense! Also, that game coming out Left 4 Dead looks like a pretty crazy zombie game.

And thanks, I'd love to hear how! :p

14. Flightlessfoofaraw

Flightlessfoofaraw New Member

It might just have become Metal Gear Solid 4.

I have written about a paragraph in three days thanks to this awesome, awesome game. It's a love/hate thing.