1. James II

James II New Member

Favorite way to read books?

Discussion in 'Discussion of Published Works' started by James II, Jan 16, 2018.

I think its fair to say that everyone has a preference when it comes to reading, what's yours and why?

I personally almost exclusively read via physical books. Greatly prefer hardcover as I'm a collector and seeing a bent up or worn book makes me cry. Unfortunately, I can't always afford the hardcover or a great deal comes up (such as Barnes and Noble's $5 classic sale that happened recently) so I usually go with paperback.

2. 8Bit Bob

8Bit Bob Here ;) Contributor

I definitely prefer physical over digital, and I agree that hard cover is better :)

3. DeeDee

DeeDee Contributor Contributor

Left to right and top to bottom? :supergrin:I do like a hardback, though, they are easier on the eye. Some paperbacks have really teeny-weeny fonts and I hate that! :supermad:And on the flea market hardbacks are about 0.50, so that's pretty affordable.

4. The Dapper Hooligan

The Dapper Hooligan (V) ( ;,,;) (v) Contributor

Paperback for price, hardback for looks, and generally only digital when I can't get it in hardback or paperback. It's not that I have any intrinsic moral objection to digital, I,ve just never found a reader I enjoy using, or doesn't need electricity when there's none around.

5. Mink

Mink Contributor Contributor

In the bath tub. :p

Aside from preferring to read while in the bath, I read physical books. I like hard back, but I don't mind paper back. I also have an eReader, but I can only read so long on electronics because it gives me a massive headache after a few minutes. If physical books ever vanished then I'd be out of luck.

6. BayView

BayView Huh. Interesting. Contributor

If I'm just reading for pleasure, I love my e-reader.

If I'm really trying to study something, paperback so I can make notes and scribble on it without feeling like I'm defacing something valuable.