1. Cicero

Cicero Banned

Favorite Weather?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Cicero, Nov 25, 2007.

My favorite weather is when it is cold outside, either during the autumn or winter ( So the trees will have no leaves on them. ), and it is raining just enough to get the sky a shade of gray, and make everything look as if it has a heavy mist over it.

That is magnificent.

2. lessa

lessa New Member

cold, sunny and snow on everything. (except the roads)

3. Banzai

Banzai One-time Mod, but on the road to recovery Contributor

Either warm enough that I can sit outside and watch the sunset.

Or cold and sunny, so I have to keep my darling warm :)

4. Lemex

Lemex That's Lord Lemex to you. Contributor

Snow.

Love the stuff.

5. PrincessGarnet

PrincessGarnet New Member

why would you choose the cold? - that's insane. I like it when it's bright but not too bright and with a warm breeze, but too warm :p. I hate it at winter, it's so dark it makes me sad and i find it hard to concentrate on work. We're getting only a few hours of sunlight, no wonder the suicide rate goes up.

6. Cicero

Cicero Banned

I guess because where I live, cold is not really considered "cold". I live in Mississippi, which is in the southern part of the USA, where it's hot and humid all year round. So the average temperature in the winter is about 40 degrees Fahrenheit ( Whatever that is in Celsius. ). That's what I mean by "cold".

7. lessa

lessa New Member

In the winter it can get to -20 F without half trying. But usually it is -10 F.

as long as the sun is shining I don't mind.
    When it warms up we get snow and that is pretty but not good since the highway closes and the town is cut off from everywhere.

but even that is ok since it means you get to pretend you are all alone on earth.
    I hate it when it gets hot.

8. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

My favorite weather is a dramatic thunderstorm, with low rolling rumbles and echoing crashes; with ghostly glimmers skittering among the clouds and strobing flashes bright enough to leave afterimages; with downpours alternating with quiet periods of dripping leaves and creeping fog.

9. Domoviye

Domoviye New Member

Proud Canadian. Currently teaching in Nanjing, Chi
    Ditto

But since most places I live in don't get really good thunder storms I'll take a good solid downpour of rain, as long as its kind of warm. Cold rain sucks.
    In Shanghai in the summer I was caught in a bad down pour. Everyone was seeking shelter and buying umbrellas I was walking down the Bund (tourist area along the river), getting soaked to the skin and loving it. All the Chinese people that saw me thought I was mad.
    I loved it.

10. wordwizard

wordwizard New Member

I like a crisp fall day. Where it is cold but not so cold that you are shivering. The leaves are about to fall off, and are an amazing assortment of reds, yellows and browns. The air smells like leaves and bonfire, and the clothes you get to wear are snugly but still light. A good day to go for a walk or snuggle up on the deck with a puffy blanket, tea and a good book.
    *sigh*

11. SeaBreeze

SeaBreeze Banned

Spring days that have a nice cool breeze, few clouds in the sky. I hate the summer here. But at least only a handful of days are totally unbearable and humid as anything. We'll soon be hitting the high thirties but I prefer it when it's a nice comfortable 25 degrees (Celsius)

12. Sayso

Sayso New Member

I always used to say that I loved the rain. But now I'd have to say that it depends on what the weather is doing as to what it makes me want to do (does that make sense?)
    There's nothing better in the dark evenings than to go for a walk along a road near here, but it has to be dry with a gentle wind blowing on my face and with Brothers in Arms blasting down the earphones. It's lovley to stop and look at the lights of St Ives twinkling back at me from behind the castle (romantic eh?).

No wind and mostly cloud is good for going kayaking. That means the sun won't be glaring off the water and it'll be calm. Ideal for paddling. Warmth is good too!

Wind and sunshine is good for taking the kids to the beach and flying our kites, normally getting them tangled.

Rain is good for walking with my youngest and splashing in the puddles.

Thunder is best from inside where I can watch in awe.

Snow is good for making a snowman with the kids.

Sunshine is good for sitting in the garden with a good book.

So, in conclusion, I like allsorts of weather nowadays.

13. Torana

Torana Contributor Contributor

The only weather that I love is when it is absolutely freezing outside, pouring with rain so hard that the roads are flooding a bit and everything is soaked through. I love the sound on a tin roof and running down the gutters and the smell is just amazing. It is wonderful to sit and watch as the rain comes like a sheet and just drenches everything as it touches the soil, grass and yeah I will shut up now lol I love winter!

14. Good_writer

Good_writer Banned

I love it when there is a cold wind blowing outside and it is not raining.

15. Jaclyn

Jaclyn Active Member

I would absolutely love to be able witness a supercell thunderstorm.

16. Torana

Torana Contributor Contributor

all I have to say is ????????????? explain please! :$

17. Jaclyn

Jaclyn Active Member

Hm???