1. Oasis Writer

Oasis Writer Contributor Contributor

Favorites - or Something weird like that

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by Oasis Writer, Jun 12, 2008.

I saw this once before on another vBulletin forum I was browsing through, and was wondering how much it cost, or if it was even a good idea

In the tool bar we all have:

I remember once, I saw that in Quick Links, you could put in your own threads under a section "Favorites." I think it's changeable if the admit wanted it to say "blah blah blah" or whatever. Anyways, it was pretty cool because you could put your threads in there, click the arrow, and just go straight there.

Thoughts?

2. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

You already have that feature built into your browser. :) I have a folder on the links bar of my browser, titled Writing Forums, that contains links to my most frequently used sections areas of the site.

Also, you automatically "subscribe" to each thread you reply to. In your user profile, there is a list called Subscribed Threads. I believe you can turn off the automatic subscription, in which case you can manually select which threads you wish to subscribe to. However, that is only good for threads, not forum views or blogs, etc.

One other major advantage of putting the favorites in your browser: they are right there no matter where your are currently browsing on (or off!) the site.

1 person likes this.
  3. Bluemouth

Bluemouth Contributor Contributor

Regarding these automatically subscribing threads - I find they never appear even though I've posted in a thread. As in, they don't appear under my subscriptions straight after, an hour later, and certainly not a day later. It's not a cookies problem as I've cleared them before.

I can live with it if I'm the only one. :)

4. Oasis Writer

There's one in the browser? Awesome, okay. :D I'm gonna toy with that then. No need to add when it's there somewhere else. :) Thanks, Cog. :D I might end up PMing you to get a little help if I can't figure it out.

5. Oasis Writer

I figured it out :D Thanks guys