1. DvnMrtn

DvnMrtn Active Member

Favourite Quotes

Discussion in 'Discussion of Published Works' started by DvnMrtn, Jan 18, 2010.

Hey Guys,
    Lately I've been collecting some of my favourite quotes from different books or around the internet. I thought I would share some with you and I was hoping you guys would be able to share yours with me as well. The quotes are kind of random but i hope you enjoy.

I really want a literary tattoo and the last few months I've been contemplating what to get but I still can't decide. I thought maybe some good quotes would inspire me. If you guys have any ideas feel free to include those too.

"It always ends. That's what gives it value." - Neil Gaiman

"Everything has beauty, but not everyone sees it…" - Confucius

"A short story is a writer's way of thinking through experience...Journalism aims at accuracy, but fiction's aim is truth. The writer distorts reality in the interest of a larger truth."- John L'Heureux

"Do you know why books such as this are so important? Because they have quality. And what does the word quality mean? To me it means texture. This book has pores. It has features. This book can go under the microscope. You'd find life under the glass, streaming past in infinite profusion. The more pores, the more truthfully recorded details of life per square inch you can get on a sheet of paper, the more 'literary' you are. That's my definition anyway.Telling detail. Fresh detail. The good writers touch life often. The mediocre ones run a quick hand over her. The bad ones rape her and leave her for the flies." - Ray Bradbury

"Stuff your eyes with wonder, live as if you'd drop dead in ten seconds. See the world. It's more fantastic than any dream made or paid for in factories. Ask no guarantees, ask for no security, there never was such an animal." - Ray Bradbury

[Fire]"Its real beauty is that it destroys responsibility and consequences." - Ray Bradbury

[There are only two ways to live forever]
    "Either write something worth reading, or do something worth writing." - Ben Franklin

"Love is like the little red toy wagon you get for Christmas or your sixth birthday. It makes you deliriously happy and you just can't leave it alone. But sooner or later the wheels come off. Then you leave it in a corner and forget it. Falling in love is great. Being in love is a disaster." - Mario Puzo

"The only frontier left is the world of intangibles"
    "Nothing is as perfect as you can imagine it."

- Chuck Palahniuk

2. arron89

arron89 Banned

I've always loved "Abandon all hope, Ye who enter here" from Dante. It's written above the gates of Hell. Dunno whether it would make a good tattoo though...