Feeling sad for the world today

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Lea`Brooks, Aug 8, 2014.

1. Garball

Garball Banned Contributor

I feel sad for the world because there is only one of me. It's great for everybody I encounter, but there is no way I can brighten everybody's life.:(

HelloThere and GingerCoffee like this.
  2. Wyr

Wyr Active Member

Well obviously you just have to conquer the world, so you can share the wonderfulness that is you with everybody at once.

3. Lemex

Lemex That's Lord Lemex to you. Contributor

The problem with this planet is that there are too many people living on it.

I'm depressed - can you tell?

4. Link the Writer

Link the Writer Flipping Out For A Good Story. Contributor

I for one, accept @Garball as our new world overlord.

HelloThere likes this.
  5. Garball

Why thank you very much, @Link the Writer . You are hereby appointed to the the Cabinet of the Ministry of Happiness. Our first order is to ensure that one of the following is freely available to every person: 1. a soft-serve ice cream cone; an Etch-a-Sketch; a jar of lightning bugs; a RealDoll; hope.

HelloThere and Link the Writer like this.
  6. minstrel

minstrel Leader of the Insquirrelgency Supporter Contributor

You realize that with a slight increase in budget, every person could also have their own set of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, right? And maybe even a Splinter?

KaTrian likes this.
  7. Garball

Can we compromise and make the RealDoll an April O'neil doll?

8. GingerCoffee

GingerCoffee Web Surfer Girl Contributor

While she said when asked that customers could pray to any god, or just meditate, there are a couple reasons to think it probably was only a discount Christians would get.

1) I doubt they would notice anyone 'meditating'.
    2) Which other religions besides Christians say Grace before a meal?

The receipt said, "Discount for praying in public," which suggests meditating or just thanking a god or ??? for the food was not included.

9. KaTrian

KaTrian A foolish little beast. Contributor

OMG, this would be awesome. :cool:

10. Duchess-Yukine-Suoh

Duchess-Yukine-Suoh Girl #21 Contributor

The whole situation in Ferguson, Missouri.

Lea`Brooks likes this.
  11. Duchess-Yukine-Suoh

Actually, I'm surprised people haven't called out the senior citizen discount yet, because "ageism!". You'd have a case there, but who would want to? (Probably somebody.)

12. Duchess-Yukine-Suoh

This woman did live in the Bible Belt. I'm not saying people there are unintelligent or anything, but yeah, huge conservative staunch Christian population.

Well, there we go!

13. GingerCoffee

GingerCoffee Web Surfer Girl Contributor

I looked into this. Age discrimination is not included in the Civil Rights Bill. Turns out it's only an issue with employment discrimination.

http://www.eeoc.gov/laws/statutes/adea.cfm

14. yagr

yagr Senior Member

Today my six year old neighbor came over with a three gallon bucket of veggies fresh from the garden to present as a gift.

Last night a neighbor, while trying to load a car on a flat bed across the street, had an accident and the back of the car fell off. Within ten minutes, approximately fifteen men from the neighborhood had lifted the car and secured it on the flatbed.

I have recently become seriously disabled and we had to move this week. I couldn't do it. The wife was going to try and pull it off on her own Saturday morning. At eight am Saturday morning, without a single SOS call having gone out, there were fourteen people and six pick-ups outside our old home drinking coffee and waiting for us to tell them what we needed them to do.

There is good and bad in each day.

15. Fullmetal Xeno

Fullmetal Xeno Protector of Literature Contributor

We've been bombing the entire Middle East with Drone strikes for over a decade, so if you want to feel bad about bombings; feel bad about the entire Middle East basically. Secondly, Ebola didn't just pop up overnight out of nowhere, it's been a huge problem now for about 42 years now. To put it briefly, the only reason why it's considered a problem now is because someone who acquired it is within our territory. I know i'll raise controversy in this statement, but i'll say it anyways. They claim that Ebola has no vaccine or cure, but that's pretty much a lie. I'm pretty sure we've already discovered a cure for it here but since it's such a minor problem to the US, medical scientists chose not to release it to the public. Same thing with the cure of cancer, we've already found ways to cure it but there's far too many corporations making money off of it to actually go through with the curing process. It sounds pretty sick but it wouldn't shock me if it was true. These are the type of things i want to be wrong about, but unfortunately i'm not.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2014
  16. Snoopingaround

Snoopingaround Banned

I'm sad because despite my efforts I may end up a failure. I long for omnipotence in a way, so I can realize all of my dreams and ambitions, but I know I cannot achieve it. So I am faced with the brutal reality that I can maybe perhaps accomplish some wonderful things in my life but only some of them, and maybe not any of them, if things don't turn out well or if I get really unlucky. So many things can go wrong. I still haven't mastered myself. How can I expect to master the world? I guess I am afraid more than sad.

17. HelloThere

HelloThere Senior Member