Ferguson

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Daniel, Aug 14, 2014.

1. Lewdog

Lewdog Come ova here and give me kisses! Supporter Contributor

This whole thread has turned into a dump on the law enforcement and the system. The fact is, we have to have the system. We need the system. Otherwise we would have a complete breakdown of society as we know it. Problems are going to happen. People are imperfect so you're going to get idiots that are racist, psycho, etc. but eventually the system weeds them out. I've been part of the system and I can tell you there is a system of checks and balances. In Ferguson there has already been such a system. They've even brought in outside investigators.

Law enforcement is one of the most dangerous and tiresome jobs there is out there. Not everyone wants to or can do it. I just don't see where there can be any benefit of people continuing to shit on the profession in this thread. The fact is, the new age of media has made every little incident blow up and people get so excited and think the world has gone crazy. Fact is things like this have gone on forever but we just didn't know about it. And just like those times we didn't know about, this incident will get handled by the system, and the world will keep on spinning.

2. GingerCoffee

GingerCoffee Web Surfer Girl Contributor

ftfy.

It would be nice if you'd keep some perspective here about the specific comments about specific law enforcement officers.

3. Lewdog

Lewdog Come ova here and give me kisses! Supporter Contributor

If you think that this whole thread has been about just law enforcement in Ferguson, you're delusional.

4. GingerCoffee

And if you think specific complaints with accompanying citations is the same as condemning all law enforcement and all cops, you are mistaken.

Okon likes this.
  5. GingerCoffee

Two new witnesses and video have emerged.

Buzzfeed has a copy of the video without all the news reporters' voices making it hard to hear the actual voices on the video.

The witness interview further down in the article is supposed to be one of those construction workers, I think. The idea that Brown stumbled forward "25 feet" is an interesting statement but given all the witness accounts one might think perhaps he is misjudging the distance.

According to the autopsy, Brown could not have stumbled 25 feet after the kill shot to the head and had facial injuries that indicated he fell straight down after that last shot, losing all muscle tone instantly.

Given the timing of the shots (six shots in rapid succession, followed by a three second pause, then the final four shots in the last 3 seconds) and the fact one of the shots on the audio recording (10 shots on the audio, 12 casings at the scene) had to be the other head shot (the one that went in the forehead, traveling downward, exiting the eye, passing back through the jaw and into the collar bone), it's unlikely Brown went 25 feet forward during the last two volleys of shots.

The bottom line, here is yet another witness who said Brown had his hands up, and there is a video of that witness making the hands up gesture and shouting to someone that Brown "had his fucking hands up" only a couple minutes after the shooting.

They are white (for those that believe that matters), they don't live in the community, they didn't have time to hear any of the other witnesses, and one of them says Brown's hands were up on video before he was interviewed by anyone.

Mike Hill likes this.