Feyfalken Discussion

Discussion in 'Role Play Discussion' started by AnonyMouse, May 6, 2014.

1. Mike Nemesis

Mike Nemesis Active Member

It's great to hear your close to self publishing something. It's not an issue at the moment but just to let you know I'm off to the Czech Republic on Sunday night for the week. I'll be back in Denmark Saturday night I think. In that time I'll only have my phone on me so while I may stay up to date (if anything happens) I won't be making any RP posts.

2. Master Attano

Master Attano Active Member

I'm ready for that collab when you are @Mike Nemesis

Send me a message when you're able.

3. Keitsumah

Keitsumah The Dream-Walker Contributor

I'll get to work on another post.

Master Attano likes this.
  4. Master Attano

Awesome @Keitsumah , maybe we can get the wheels rolling on this thing again :)

If you want to do a collab just let me know, even if I'm just writing for a random crew member.

5. Keitsumah

Keitsumah The Dream-Walker Contributor

Hmm... ill think about that actually but Alby is butt naked atm LOL he'd be more interested in scavenging some clothes. But yeah ill have him come across someone i guess.

6. Fan7asticMrFox

Fan7asticMrFox Contributor Contributor

I can only apologise for my absence. It's been a mixture of being incredibly busy at work and having no inspiration to write for Tessa (I know we discussed it at length Anony but I couldn't quite put it down on paper). I suppose it was a hiatus of sorts, just filled with work but hopefully I can get Tessa back in the game! However you won't see a post from me until Sunday probably - depends if I can get away from the office!

7. Master Attano

I'm up for another collab if anyone's interested, I can write for a random person like I did with Keit, or anything you would like.
    Just want to get the wheels turning on this RP again, even if it is slow :)

8. Dagolas

Dagolas Banned

I've applied to Anonymouse to join this RP! Hoping I get in.

9. Mike Nemesis

Mike Nemesis Active Member

Ok back in Denmark so I'm good to go again, shall get a post to you soon @Master Attano.

10. Dagolas

Dagolas Banned

Full Name: Atticus Judge

Gender/Age: Male, 47 years of age

Job: Atticus has always had an interest in science. He is a researcher, and has various degrees and achievements including a Doctorate. He has basic engineering skills.

Appearance:
    Atticus is quite a tall and lean man. Even if he's in his mid-forties, he has an impressive build, he's extremely fit and can do most things a young and strong person can, though he usually uses his brain rather than brawn.
    His hair is dark brown flecked with grey, and his eyes are grey. He usually wears a waistcoat, cravat and coat ( http://www.gentlemansemporium.com/store/vict_mens_02.php ).

As for his uniform, he usually wears a coat over the standard uniform.

Personality:
    Atticus is a calm man. He tries to see the best in everyone, and is always patient and kind to others. He has flaws, of course, like any other man. He stresses quite easily in dangerous situations, and never gives up anything, and never cares what people think of him. This can often lead to trouble.

Background:
    Atticus grew up in Holdenheim but quickly moved to a bigger city and pursued his career as a research scientist. He has a younger brother and sister, but he doesn't know where they are. He had a wife, but she died.

Skills:
    He's relatively renowned, inside the science community. He can help people if they're feeling down/having trouble, and are on the ship to help advance in science, but also to get a bit of adventure. Atticus is quite good with a shotgun, but nothing to write home about. His main expertise is science.

Misc: N/A

Last edited: Sep 23, 2014
  11. Master Attano

Sounds like he will get on well with Johnathon :)

12. Master Attano

How's it going @AnonyMouse ?

Any chance you'll be back in action soon?

And does anyone want to collab? I'm definitely up for it.

13. AnonyMouse

AnonyMouse Contributor Contributor

I'm not out of action, per se, just haven't been posting. But I have been checking in regularly and keeping up with the collab you guys have been writing. Looks good. :)

Gimme a sec to get a post up. After that, my characters will be open for collaboration / interaction.

14. Master Attano

Yay! :)

15. Moonbeast32

Moonbeast32 Member

I pm'd Anonymous this, but he didn't respond. Is it too late to join the story?

16. Master Attano

I wouldn't say so, someone just joined recently so it should be good, and we can always do with more people. When did you send the message to Mouse?

17. Moonbeast32

Moonbeast32 Member

At exactly 4:00 pm today

18. Master Attano

give it some time, people don't always get the chance to reply straight away.

19. Moonbeast32

Moonbeast32 Member

Ok. I need someone here to do me a huge favor in feeding my laziness. If I am to join, I would at least like to know what's going on. Could someone post a summary of all the most important events so far, and a basic description of what is happening in the story right now? It would be much appreciated.

20. Master Attano

I can't be bothered describing the lore of the world @Moonbeast32 so read that first then I'll do a summary, sound good?

21. Moonbeast32

Moonbeast32 Member

The lore? Oh don't worry, I've already read that. Unless you're talking about something other than Anonymous's posts in the main thread, I've read it all.

22. Master Attano

Yeah that's it, I'll type up a summary soon.

23. AnonyMouse

AnonyMouse Contributor Contributor

@Moonbeast32

Well, I was trying to write an in-depth synopsis for you, but since you seem to be in such a hurry, I'll give you the brief version. If @Master Attano wants to elaborate, he can. And I still strongly encourage you to read the thread. There is little point in jumping in quickly if you don’t have a full grasp of what’s going on and why and I doubt even a good synopsis will give the whole picture.

----------------------------------------------

Basically, our story began in Holdenheim, Aeternia’s capital, on the day of the Feyfalken’s launch. In the opening post, Dorian, the ship’s captain, has a dream/premonition of the Feyfalken’s demise. The ship is in flames over a village which is being attacked by an unseen airship, which looms overhead casting a large shadow. As the ship is going down, he goes to the bridge where a watery blue demon gives him a glowing red stone and whispers something in ancient Arcanian, then he wakes up. After waking, he heads to the launch ceremony, where all of the other characters/crew are boarding. The ceremony begins, there is a speech by the Emperor, and the ship is launched. We leave Holdenheim and make our way out of Aeternia, heading east toward the Sands.

The story skips forward a few months. The Feyfalken has been flying due east over endless sand dunes and has not encountered anything worthy of exploration yet. Crew morale is at an all time low and people are beginning to think this voyage will amount to nothing. Then, we come across a dead forest in the middle of nowhere and the ship lands to investigate. The forest is perfectly round, forming a precise circle of trees. The trees are blackened and burnt and there is evidence of an attack (black scorch marks on the ground, as if beams of heat have knifed through the forest). Further investigation reveals the trees are native to a water environment; they are trees that should grow on the banks of a river, not in the middle of a desert. We also find the desiccated corpses of Arcanian “mages,” whose ancient attire suggests they’ve been here for at least a century.

The ground team soon comes under attack as the corpses reanimate. There are dozens more bodies buried under the sand and they all begin to converge on the ship. The ground team flees to the Feyfalken and the ship lifts off. There are casualties and, in the aftermath, Vladimir and Sabre of the security team blame the captain for not waiting until the security force thoroughly inspected the landing zone. Also, Integra, vice captain and head of research, takes some pieces of the reanimated corpses aboard to study and later discovers that there is powdered philosopher’s stone residue in their veins. She presents a small vial of the residue at the debriefing meeting and Geoff and Johnathon react strongly to it, suggesting they are magically sensitive.

After the briefing, the ship’s pilot, Tessa, is attacked by a wrench-wielding madman. She is badly wounded and spends the next week or so in medical, recovering. The attacker is immediately caught and locked away, but Dorian begins to investigate the attack. The man claims that the water told him to do it. During the weeks before the attack, Dorian and Integra had been hearing reports from people in the engineering department that they hear strange, musical sounds coming from the ship’s plumbing and water supply, and have been having strange dreams about a blue horned demon.

As the Feyfalken flies further into the Sands of Desolation, the landscape begins to change. They find grasslands and seemingly bottomless canyons, filled with fog and mist. They eventually come across a modern city perched upon a high plateau. To avoid a repeat of last time, the security team is dispatched using wingsuits, while the Feyfalken hides in the mist. The team enters via a cavern in the rock face, which they soon discover is a subway tunnel. Once they reach the surface, they find the city is actually a future rendition of Holdenheim, with skyscrapers, computers, and various wonders, but all the people have vanished suddenly, leaving only piles of abandoned clothing and personal possessions.

Once they determine there is nothing there to attack them, the security team calls in the Feyfalken and they set up a base camp. Over the next few weeks, they explore and map the entire city, which they discover is only a fraction of Holdenheim. Just like the Black Forest, it is perfectly round, as if someone took a circular cutout of the city and transplanted it here. The research team begins gathering and studying the city’s futuristic technology and finds a library where a history book tells the story of the Feyfalken’s “lost expedition” to the Sands. According to this book, they never made it back home.

One morning, a black speck appears in the sky. The spotters determine it is an airship, approaching at very low speed. The Feyfalken’s leadership (Dorian, Integra, and Vladimir) gather to prepare to make first contact. Other than the animated corpses in the Black Forest, they have not encountered any other “living” people since leaving Aeternia. Unfortunately, the enemy ship opens fire the moment it is within range and possesses weapons that are far more advanced than anything the Feyfalken’s crew has ever seen. The Feyfalken lifts off and tries to evade/hide, but the enemy ship’s lasers rip right through the skyscrapers and they seem capable of hitting their target even when they don’t have direct line of sight. As if that is not enough, the ship is not a “ship,” but a floating mountain riding upon a dark thundercloud, upon which a fortress has been constructed.

The strong presence of the fortress’s magic triggers a number of subplots that have been building to this point. Vladimir, who has shown a strong sensitivity to magic ever since coming into contact with the corpses, loses control and transforms into a dragon and flies away to fight the Black Mountain. The wounded Feyfalken tries to dive into the nearby ravines and fog, but is too badly damaged to escape. A direct hit on its steam reserves releases Fey, a siren who has been magically-bonded to the ship. Only Integra was aware of Fey’s presence; she built the ship and used Fey’s magic to give the Feyfalken its impossible 100% efficiency, which is the only reason it was able to fly across the desert.

Vladimir’s attempts to combat the fortress ultimately fail and the Black Mountain readies its main gun, a high-velocity projectile that will deliver the killing blow to the Feyfalken. Fey takes action. Using the energy stored in Vladimir’s pendant, which turns out to be a dormant philosopher’s stone, she tears open a rift to Transmundus. Integra’s research already hinted that teleportation might be responsible for both the Black forest and the future Holdenheim; she suspects that someone or something to taking bits and pieces of various places and depositing them in the Sands of Desolation, for reasons unknown. Fey does the same and rips the Feyfalken from the physical plane, sending it through Transmundus to escape the Black Mountain.

The Feyfalken reappears in an unknown location, dubbed the “Valley of the Lost,” a grassy field hemmed on all sides by mountains. She did not intend to bring the ship here, but the location seems to be a sink where various things fall out of Transmundus and back into the physical world. There are various other odds and ends (buildings, ships, etc) littered throughout the area, as if they just fell from the sky. In any case, the Feyfalken is too badly damaged to remain aloft. Fey uses the last of her power to crash land the ship in the center of the valley, near the edge of a lake. On the way down, she sees a village at the foothills of a mountain, where there appear to be living people. It is the same village Dorian saw in his premonition in the first post.

And that’s where the story is right now. We’ve crashed. About a third of the crew is dead. The bodies are being lined up and counted outside and the medical ward is in chaos. Everyone is just trying to regroup right now.

24. Moonbeast32

Moonbeast32 Member

Full Name: Luceen Sero

Gender/Age: Male, 20

Job: Originally planning to be a stowaway, Luceen lucked out, and got a job as a member of the labour crew. Most days, he ends up in the cargo bay with other labourers. This is due to the fact that management has noticed he is curiously strong for his size, and is seemingly tireless.

Appearance: Luceen wears whatever is available to him. In this case, the standard uniform. His only preference is that his clothing has pockets. He has a slender build. and long articulate fingers. His brow seems to have furrowed into a permanent scowl. His facial features are pointed. His ribcage is slightly angled forward, like a quadriplegic animal. His skin is pale, and he has black hair that he usually never combs. He is above average in height, but not tall enough to be noteworthy. There are no scars or blemishes to be found on his body. His voice is somewhat deep with a melodic quality.

Personality: Luceen can’t seem to find it in himself to really care about other people. He does what he will for his own ends. If he sets his sights on something, you can bet he will achieve it through any means possible. Problem is, said thing he sets his sights on could be very righteous, or extremely evil. Luceen gets irritated with other people very easily. He doesn’t trust anyone to get a job done, and ends up doing things himself. It can be extremely difficult to befriend him, but if you do, he shows an uncharacteristic amount of loyalty to you.

Background: Background, do you say? Now isn’t that the question. Indeed, it is the question Luceen asks himself quite regularly. There are a couple of things Luceen is certain about though. He has determined that he is not human. He has his suspicions that he is not of this world either. He figured out that much when looking through Arcania’s extensive libraries, without finding a single mention of anything remotely similar to his… “skills.”

Luceen has heard talk of expeditions to the Sands of Desolation, exploring ruins, and gathering lost knowledge. Knowledge, which no Arcanian library has possessed in thousands of years; perhaps ever.

This could be Luceen’s last chance to learn what he truly is.

Skills: Luceen is a predatory creature. As such he makes a good assassin. He can infiltrate, spy, blend in, and leave no tracks like a professional. However skilled he his, Luceen has never taken a contract or been employed by anyone until now. In exchange for admittance into the Feyfalken, He offered to assassinate an old rival of the recruiter.

Luceen also possess so very unique abilities. Abilities that he uses on a daily basis, but has managed to keep a secret for all his life. Luccen considers himself lucky to have kept this secret, but in the cramped environment of an airship, it's only a matter of time before someone notices something strange.

Misc: Luceen’s skills are his closest kept secret. He is lucky to not have been discovered yet, but his luck can’t last forever. He carries with him a cylinder made of pure silver.

Also, thanks for the summary. it really helped.

25. Master Attano

Way better than what I could have achieved :p