Feyfalken Discussion

Discussion in 'Role Play Discussion' started by AnonyMouse, May 6, 2014.

1. Keitsumah

Keitsumah The Dream-Walker Contributor

ack just realized how close it is. I'm going to be gone from june 23 to the 27th so i wont be able to post during that time.

2. AnonyMouse

AnonyMouse Contributor Contributor

Well, this is probably a good time to mention I'm going to be out of town from the 26th to the 29th. I'll be able to check in via phone and I plan to bring my laptop, but I doubt I'll be posting much. :(

I'm trying to get the story to a point where we can make camp and chill for a few days, so you may see a big post that does exactly that sometime early next week. It will be nice to have a relaxed atmosphere where characters can interact (and possibly explore the city, get off the ship, and stretch their legs). :)

3. Master Attano

Master Attano Active Member

Sounds good! I was half expecting the city to explode at any second knowing the Feyfalken's luck so far :p

Love to Write likes this.
  4. AnonyMouse

Shhh, I'm saving that for when I get back. ;)

5. Keitsumah

the city won't be the only thing to explode if i have anythign to do with it. :rolleyes:

6. Macaberz

Macaberz Pay it forward Contributor

Well, as you all can tell, I never really got on board with this and I don't think I will. Still, I am casually reading this thing, a few posts per day. It's great fun overall, though there is obviously some redundancy as every character echoes the events that occured prior to that character responding. Nevertheless, I must compliment everyone on their excellent writing and creativity! You sure look like you're all having a blast ;)

7. Fan7asticMrFox

Fan7asticMrFox Contributor Contributor

Thanks for the kind words LTW! :) Sorry for my absence I will try and plan a new post in the future.

8. AnonyMouse

I'm working on my "going away" post now. It will probably be my last until Monday. Let me know if you guys have any questions before I disappear; I'll be hanging around for a few more hours, but after that... poof, gone. ;)

And sorry for how slow things have been this week. I was working major overtime, so my writing time has been tight, but things will be back to normal when I return. Big twist planned when I get back. :twisted: 'Til then, the city's all yours, folks. Last post should be done in an hour or so.

9. AnonyMouse

Alright, folks, post is up. Sorry it took so long; I got pulled away on a last minute errand. :)

The game is yours for a few days. I’ll be checking in via phone, if anyone has questions, but I’m really open to just about anything at this phase, so do what you want. (Just don’t destroy the ship or kill each other, plz.) I’ll let you all decide what you find in the city.

If you guys want to move time forward, you are free to do so; we’ll probably be here for a while. If you want to have encounters with hostile animals and such, you are free to do so, but please don’t conjure up any major threats (i.e. something that threatens the entire crew or would require us to pack up and leave). I have some plot-related stuff I wanna do, so I kind of need us to not leave prematurely.

Characters are free to explore and make up your own discoveries, but try to keep a few things in mind:

(1) The city’s been dead for a long time, so electricity is kind of out of the question. Even batteries lose their charge after long enough and gasoline goes stale (it degrades into oil, so the cars won’t start, even if we try to jump them using the Feyfalken’s electricity.

(2) Remember, our characters are idiots, LOL. We’re basically late-1800 era people who’ve stumbled across an early 21st century city. We don’t even know what plastic is and suddenly everything’s made out of it. *gasp* Finding a library might be a huge step in the right direction. The language is Aeternian, but they probably use some modern expressions we aren’t familiar with. Have fun with it. :)

(3) I’m fine with you guys coming up with your own interpretation of Holdenheim’s history. Did they win the war? Did they lose? Have fun with it. Just nothing too outrageous, plz. No heavy magic or alien invasions, LOL. We'll get to that soon enough. :twisted:

(4) There are safety protocols in place. I’ll let @Keitsumah decide who is allowed to take trips into the city and under what circumstances. No one wants a repeat of the Black Forest debacle. The Feyfalken and the freeway overpass it’s parked on are our base of operations; going further than that requires some precautions.

Last edited: Jun 26, 2014
  10. Master Attano

Ack. I'm so busy right now I barely have anytime to work on writing :(
    How's everybody else doing? There haven't been any posts in a while so I was wondering how you guys are doing?

11. Keitsumah

HOME!!! oh my gosh so much fricking stuff happened. Well, first of all nationals was HARD this year, we had to do a helicopter in a city realistically!!!

oh and i found out boys are overrated. one day away from home and four guys ask me for my phone number, and all at the same time, in the same room! I practically died of laughter at their expressions! :rofl: welp one did prove to be a good pick later on though and he made an hour-long drive from his place to see me. Went to the movies to watch How to Train your Dragon Two it was very fun.

Now to catch up on everything...:dead:

12. AnonyMouse

That's because boys want what other boys want/have. It's an affliction they don't grow out of until they become men. So, congrats, you're the next big thing, bigger than xboxone and PS4 and iPhone7 put together! Now cash in on as many free movies, meals, and such as you can and try not to break any hearts on the way down, you vixen. :agreed:
    /realtalk

That'll take, what, five minutes or so? :dry:

*ahem*

*puts away the snark*

So, where's everybody at? I'm back from my trip as well and ready to get this thing rolling. Who's with me? Also, if anyone wants to drop out, now is a good time to do so. There's an, umm, "event" coming up, where any unneeded characters can be conveniently killed off or made to "disappear."

So, who's still on board? Roll call!
    @Keitsumah
    @Master Attano
    @Mike Nemesis
    @Pheonix
    @Fan7asticMrFox
    @Love to Write
    @Simpson17866
    @BrandonrockstheAM
    @Crumpets

13. Mike Nemesis

Mike Nemesis Active Member

Still on board just been rather silent as I moved back to the UK this week and haven't seen a whole lot to post. I'm around but as of two weeks time I'm in Denmark for the week and don't expect much net time then after that I'm in Thailand for 5 weeks, need to enquire about what the net access where I'm staying is like for that.

Was brainstorming briefly the other night for good current technology that my character would like to potentially stumble upon though.

14. Master Attano

Yeah, I'm still here. Busy at the moment but tapping away at that post we are working on when I can :)

15. AnonyMouse

@Mike Nemesis
    Any plans for what you'll do with Sabre while you're away, if there's no net? Shoot me a PM if you need some ideas.

@Master Attano
    Sounds good, man. Chronologically-speaking, that scene has to happen before the "event" I was alluding to a moment ago. Since everyone seems to be kinda busy, I may need to set up some down time anyway, so there's no hurry.

16. BrandonrockstheAM

BrandonrockstheAM Active Member

Still on board. Going to try and be more active and figure out more interactions for Morgan to have.

17. Crumpets

Crumpets Senior Member

Hey, Eddy's still there, he just has his hands full. If you know what I mean.

18. Pheonix

Pheonix A Singer of Space Operas and The Fourth Mod of RP Contributor

I am still present! Just... busy and in a rut, but I'm still here.

19. Fan7asticMrFox

Fan7asticMrFox Contributor Contributor

Me too, busy with a new job but still present! Trying to think how I should reintegrate Tessa!

20. Master Attano

Johnathon is on hand to help in anyway if you want @Fa7asticMrFox
    He's quite fond of Tessa after their encounter in the med bay :)

21. Master Attano

Johnathon's just stopping in the med bay to check on his team before he tries to go out. If you want to do something with him while he's there just give me a yell @Fa7asticMrFox .

Otherwise he's going out to explore, his main goal is to find a library of some sort so if there is a research expedition planned they'll probably meet him out there, unless someone like the Integra or the captain interupt him.

22. AnonyMouse

I'm currently working on a collab with Pheonix. There will be a research team heading out soon. Hopefully, we'll have that posted sometime this weekend, but it's going slowly.

23. Crumpets

Crumpets Senior Member

Mind if Eddy sneaks into the research group?

24. Keitsumah

I'm in, and my character will stumble across a library, i just looked in on here to see whether i should say "book" or "square object full of paper" since they use scrolls lol. but maybe they have books....they're just rare and valauble. i think ill go with that.

Also.... if i do this right Vlad may have a a minor reaction to something and he'll send a scout to get Christoph.

@Master Attano since your char is also looking for a library ill see if i can have the messenger bump into him on the way! Three-man collab time! :D

25. AnonyMouse

No prob. I'm still waiting on a response from @Pheonix. He might be unavailable, in which case maybe this collab wasn't such a good idea. :( People are finally starting to post and I don't want to be left behind, but I'll give him a little longer.

Speaking of which, where are you, @Love to Write? *poke, poke* :whistle:

Did I screw up somewhere? Where was it said that anyone uses scrolls? o_O We have a library on the ship... a library of books... the square kind. Either I goofed or poor Vlad needs to get out more. :rolleyes: