1. Michael Davis

Michael Davis New Member

Finally made it - glad to join the group

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Michael Davis, Mar 27, 2008.

Hello everyone. After two years of climbing that steep mountain, I finally got my first novel (TAINTED HERO) published. Hard journey, but there's something special about seeing your story released by a publisher and appearing on amazon and BN.com. Then the real work begins. Writing the second, and the third, and etc. Did I mention the promotion part. Wow. I had no idea what was involved. The writing is my new mistress, but the promotion stuff consumes most of my time. Glad to join the community. Well be glad to share what I've learned. Course, each person's path is different, but I'll be glad to offer my views and what I've learned to the community.

2. soujiroseta

soujiroseta Contributor Contributor

welcome and congratulations mike. i hope you can provide some valuable insight into getting published. FYI: there's a guy paddling newbies. beware!:)

3. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

Hello Mike, Welcome to the Writing Forums.

Congratulations on getting your novel published.

If you haven't explored the site yet, you should probably do so soon. Newcomers often gravitate to the Lounge, the Word Games, or the Review Room, but there is much more to be discovered if you poke in the corners. Remember to check out our FAQ as well!

As for the Review Room, new joiners often wonder why we do things a bit differently on this site than on other writing sites. We emphasize reviewing as a critical writing skill. Training your eye by reviewing other people's work helps you improve your own writing even before you present it for others to see. Therefore, we ask members to review other people's writing before posting work of their own. The Review Room forums on this site, therefore, are true workshops, not just a bulletin board for displaying your work (and on that note, please only post each item for review in one Review Room forum). See this post, Why Write Reviews Before Posting My Work? for more information.

Enjoy your stay here, and have fun!

4. Torana

Torana Contributor Contributor

the trail of promotion can ne a very painful one that is for sure. THe hours you put in to it and to receive little reward at times can be very daunting. But it is rewarding in the long run, so bare with it. You'll get there (and btw good promoting of yor work thus far)

I hope that you enjoy your time here and best of luck with your writing endeavours. Look forward to seeing you around the board as much as you can be in what spare time you have. :)

5. mammamaia

mammamaia nit-picker-in-chief Contributor

welcome to the party and congratulations on your first book sale, michael!

i see that champagne is a fairly new publisher... how did you like working with them and are you satisfied with them as a publisher?... is yours an e-book, or in print?...

it's always good to hear of a new publisher that's open to new writers, so i hope you don't mind my curiosity... i like to keep up on such stuff for when the writers i work with ask if i know of this or that one...

love and hugs, maia

6. Michael Davis

Michael Davis New Member

Hi mammamaia

I think they've been around 5 or 6 years. Have a great group of writers. As far as I can tell, they're open to all genres. My 1st and 2nd novel is available in both paperback and E form (amazon, BN.com, etc). I like them so far. The publisher is very sharp and knows the business. Very helpful people.

7. Hulk

Hulk Banned

Hiya there, Michael, and welcome to WF.org! I hope your book is a bestseller.

8. Neha

Neha Beyond Infinity. Contributor

Hey Mike..........and welcome......congrats on the publishes.....!!