Five Random Things About Me. Wanna Play?

Discussion in 'Word games' started by Shenanigator, Sep 17, 2017.

1. Shenanigator

Shenanigator Has the Vocabulary of a Well-Educated Sailor. Contributor

I don't know why, but one year for Christmas my grandmother sent my sis and I, as adults, these weird little dolls. They were ugly as hell and looked creepy. Sis and I were roommates, and one night I came home from work, opened the fridge to get a drink, and one of those damn dolls was in the fridge, sitting on top of my sparkling water. My sister is evil. :rolleyes:

It's OK, you can tell us...The nightmares are about giant nutcrackers, aren't they?:D

In all seriousness, I have nightmares a couple of times a year, too, so I can relate. (Usually when I'm stressed.) Scared the hell out of the Ex.

2. T_L_K

T_L_K Senior Member

Ah... Yes, that sounds less like the romanticised idea I still want to have of it...

I'm fed up with large cities, though. I grew up in Paris and now live in London, and my next stop is meant to be NYC. The truth is I've found being in a place without concrete or much movement (so, people :oops:) around affects me positively, especially creatively speaking. But yes you're right, there would need to be balance. I'd want the city and its noise from time to time.

Shenanigator and GlitterRain7 like this.
  3. Shenanigator

After living in large cities, it would also drive you crazy to not be near stores where you can buy whatever you need or want, whenever you need it. I recommend long weekends in the desert now and then, which is what I do now. That's much easier to handle and is productive for writing.

I've never been to Paris and am sure I've romanticized the hell out of it. But it's on my list, so I completely understand.

T_L_K likes this.
  4. Christina58

Christina58 Member

1. I hate seafood

2. I am a list maker that way I cannot forget anything.

3. I have no sense of direction, north is always straight ahead, it drives hubby crazy. I have an irrational fear of getting lost when I drive Thank god for GPS

4. The older I get the less patience I have for stupidity. Yes, I am going to be a crotchety old woman who speakers her mind siting in a rocking chair on the porch.

5. Now that I can make a dream come true, I just chickened out. I wonder what that says about me?

5. awkwarddragon

awkwarddragon Member

Are you me? I have an irrational fear and hatred of dolls. I blame Chucky for that.

Shenanigator and Cave Troll like this.
  6. Iain Aschendale

Iain Aschendale Lying, dog-faced pony Marine Supporter Contributor

Currently Reading::
    Telemachus Sneezed
    1. I have never been fired from a job, or resigned after being told that I would be fired if I didn't.

2. I may have met @Wreybies at one point in my life, but neither of us knew who we were yet, so it doesn't matter.

3. I have done things that could have resulted in felony charges, had they been observed by the right people. They were victimless acts that left no trace outside of my memory.

4. I know what Hoppe's No. 9 tastes like.

5. My persona de plume is a much more tolerant, temperate, and generally nicer person than the guy at the keyboard, which is ironic, considering that I created Iain to avoid having my horror stories backsplash into my personal and professional life.

7. Wreybies

Wreybies Thrice Retired Supporter Contributor

We attended the same military school during overlapping periods of time and were separated by only branch of service and this one access road that gave on to the larger parking area behind both of our barracks. I took this photo from my barracks window in the late 80's, the building across the way is where Iain would have been diligently studying. For all I know he could be one of the two sharply dressed gents passing one another on the sidewalk, center-right of the photo. ;)

[​IMG]

8. big soft moose

big soft moose An Admoostrator Admin Staff Supporter Contributor Community Volunteer

Thinking about it we are about the same age so I might have encountered either of you when we flew to the states to exercise with the 173rd

Shenanigator likes this.
  9. Wreybies

These conversations of degrees of separation always lead me down a path of alt-universe thinking where the close flyby is instead a full-on hey how do you do.

John-Wayne and Shenanigator like this.
  10. Iain Aschendale

Iain Aschendale Lying, dog-faced pony Marine Supporter Contributor

Currently Reading::
    Telemachus Sneezed

Shenanigator likes this.
  11. Wreybies

The magic camera that sees around walls. :)

12. John-Wayne

John-Wayne Madman Extradinor Contributor

Late 80s... damn, I wasn't even in double digits of age. :p . It feels nice being part of a group where I am not the oldest person for a change.

As for the topic at hand, yeah that degrees of separation always intrigues me, like who am I driving by when on the freeway and if i'll be meeting them in the future or have met them in the past. Heck, some of us are currently or where at one time Southern Californians.

Edit: I like to think I sped past you guys on the freeway and you said " what a f****** idiot". Lol. Or at some point you walked into my Pharmacy to either shop or get meds not told you get the f*** out of my store. Lol. Just kidding, I've never done that with a customer, well there were a few!

Last edited: Mar 20, 2018
    Wreybies and Shenanigator like this.
  13. Night Herald

Night Herald The Fool Contributor

Fine, I'll have a go.

1. As a teen, I had a piece of artwork displayed on national television. Perhaps my proudest moment to date. It's all been downhill since then.

2. I prefer cats to dogs, dogs to horses, and horses to howler monkeys.

3. Contrary to the national stereotype, I'm a terrible skier.

4. Even though I drink irresponsible amounts of coffee, I'm really more of a tea guy, with a particular fondness for chai, tulsi, and rooibos.

5. I always, always have trouble thinking of a fifth thing.

5: I have a diploma that says I'm an actual for reals writer person. Don't know why I didn't say so earlier. If there is a perfect venue to bust out that particular piece of trivia, this has got to be it. Sorry, folks. I choked.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2018
  14. TheScorpion

TheScorpion Member

I'll play along....

1. My tiny, little home town is world famous and frankly it's annoying as hell. Seeing celebrities on a weekly basis isn't nearly as fun when you have to flip them off for holding up traffic.

2. Riding horses is like breathing for me. I've owned horses all my life and can't go more than 2-3 days without riding.

3. I'm dead clumsy and always have been. Put me barefoot on a flat surface and I'll fall on my face but in ballet toe shoes or on horseback, I'm grace itself.

4. There is a possibility, way back in my family tree, that I could be distantly related to Jack the Ripper.

5. I'm a prepper/survivalist. I never go anywhere without at least a half-tank of gas in my car, water, flares, non-perishables and a giant first-aid kit.

15. Cave Troll

Cave Troll It's Coffee O'clock everywhere. Contributor

Where cushions are comfy, and straps hold firm.
    What no sawn-off and body armor? :p

Shenanigator likes this.
  16. TheScorpion

TheScorpion Member

QUOTE="Cave Troll, post: 1653611, member: 71520"]What no sawn-off and body armor? :p[/QUOTE]

""[​IMG]

17. GiveMeBackMyMagic

GiveMeBackMyMagic Member

1. I wear crazy wigs, not because I don't have hair but because I like to change my hair all the time and dying it was killing it.
    2. I have a tiny tattoo on my face.
    3. I only like books where people are really messed up and emotionally scarred, and preferably have few qualms about engaging in criminal activity.
    4. I am slightly afraid of wrists.
    5. I think if Jacqueline Wilson was the only writer in the world, I wouldn't mind. Emotional, issue-laden MG is the best :D

Jenissej and Shenanigator like this.
  18. Mckk

Mckk Member Supporter Contributor

1. I love the smell of paint, as well as the fridge.
    2. On the other hand, I can't stand the smell of petrol and have no idea why anyone (and it seems to be quite a few people I know) would love it.
    3. The language I've always loved is Japanese, and the one I feel I should learn is Mandarin. The one I'm actually learning is Czech.
    4. My second emigration was entirely an accident.
    5. To this day I wonder if I should go back to using my real name.

19. Jenissej

Jenissej Professional Lurker Supporter Contributor

1. I like the smell of petrol. And WD40.
    2. I love setting things on fire.
    3. For my academic degree, I've cut apart and cooked eight pig heads down to the bone at the farm house of my vegetarian professor. He's still complaining about the blood stains in the yard.
    4. There's nothing I'm more terrified of than a daddy long legs. (I think that's what they're called in english but I can't google it for fear of seeing the picture of one. Even writing about it makes me cringe)
    5. Once at a demonstration, I drank water that was dripping down from the outlet of a water cannon truck. Didn't taste good but I was thirsty.

20. big soft moose

big soft moose An Admoostrator Admin Staff Supporter Contributor Community Volunteer

crane flies i think

21. GiveMeBackMyMagic

GiveMeBackMyMagic Member

Yep, Daddy Long Legs is the English name. Which is freaky enough in itself!

What degree was THAT?! :eek:

22. Jenissej

Jenissej Professional Lurker Supporter Contributor

I meant the spiders. Though those bastards are scary, too.

Forensic sciences. :-D

23. big soft moose

Harvestmen

24. soupcannon

soupcannon Active Member

Let me tell you five things about me. All of these things will be true, even the lies. Perhaps especially the lies.

Thing one: I have no patience for impatience. If anyone loses their shit at the drop of a hat, or starts to whine the instant things go off, I cannot handle it. I flip out. This is not a helpful trait.

Thing two: I'm fairly certain I was meant to be an actor or a singer, but that doesn't seem to have worked out. Perhaps it's due to a stunning lack of talent, or maybe it's a conspiracy. yeah, that's got to be it.

Thing three: I was once on a cooking show, as a guest. If you catch the right episode of Fish the Dish on Canada's Food Network, you can see me in the last minute of the show when the host snaps his finger and teleports us into his kitchen to eat seafood and drink wine. I was paid in seafood and wine. The teleportation was not real.

A fourth thing: I am a great/terrible traveler. I'm fine leading up to travel, and I'm pretty good once I get to a place, but the morning of the flight, I am tense as fuck and cannot possibly get to the airport early enough. I have a great sense of direction, though, and can always find my way back to the hotel.

Thing five: If you ever want someone to pick apart TV commercials to tell you everything they did wrong and why ads fail logical tests, by all means, come hang out with me. I am told it is very interesting and not at all obnoxious.

25. Shenanigator

I'm wondering if I once lived in your tiny hometown. If not, a very similar place.
    Me too, minus the ballet shoes. I'm an absolute klutz except on the back of a horse, where apparently I suddenly become as graceful as it's ever gonna get. I credit the horse for making me look good.

TheScorpion, Mckk and Cave Troll like this.