1. Fiona

Fiona New Member

For fans of Stephen Leather - he agreed to be interviewed by me

Discussion in 'Discussion of Published Works' started by Fiona, Jan 12, 2011.

I am really pleased! Author of 25 novels, Stephen Leather has sold over 2 million copies of his books worldwide. I am a huge fan of his work, and he kindly agreed to be a guest on my blog and I had the chance to interview him to learn more about his work and the man himself.

Here is a link to the interview:

http://www.fionasfiction.wordpress.com

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. ojduffelworth

ojduffelworth New Member

There are numerous fiction books dealing with Thailand infamous nightlife, but I think Leathers ‘Private Dancer’ is the best of them, and a cool formant…well written, entertaining and realistic… I haven’t read any of this other books.
    I just read on his websight, “Hodder and Stoughton didn’t want to publish Private Dancer as it is so different from my regular thrillers, so I decided to publish the book myself.” That’s really interesting! He also says the cover photo was taken Anglewitch Bar in Nana Plaza and features one of the bar’s top showgirls—hmm, that’s got me guessing...Fon?

3. Fiona

Fiona New Member

What's great about Stepen Leather is that although he has had some of his books published by the big publishing houses (Hodder & Stoughton), he has also written e-books with smaller presses, and has independently published too. He's seen writing and publishing from all sides of the coin, and he has ended up a very successful writer. Good luck to him.

I can't recommend his novel, Nightfall, enough :)

4. R-e-n-n-a-t

R-e-n-n-a-t New Member

Nightfall? What's it about?

5. Fiona

Fiona New Member

Nightfall is about a guy who is a negotiator for the police, and in the story, he finds himself left a property from his dad in a will. He eventually finds out (after the death of his dad) that when he was born, his soul was promised to the devil and that on his 33rd birthday, a demon will come to claim his soul.
    Nightfall is about this police negotiator who tries to find out how to save himself from literally being taken to Hell.
    I can't do it justice by explaining it here- but it is amazing and very dark and creepy :) It will actually be part of a trilogy: I have just purchased Midnight- the second installment.

6. Halcyon

Halcyon Contributor Contributor

I have to confess to precisely zero knowledge of Stephen Leather.

However, I do know that it's incredibly difficult to say Red leather, yellow leather 10 times quickly without messing up...;)

7. Fiona

Fiona New Member

Lol :)