For the King (fantasy rp)

Discussion in 'Archive' started by Darkthought, Jun 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darkthought

Darkthought Active Member

"Nice Waltz," came the voice of the man who had been attacked by the assassin, the man called Arc.

Rae gave the man a slight nod as he wiped the sweat away from his forehead. "Thank you. I try to practice whenever I can. You never know when something could happen...especially where we are going. I trust you are not to shaken up from the attempt on your life?"

2. Bick

Bick New Member

Nuddie managed a smile, putting her hand on his. She thought of her husband, the last time she’d seen him. It had been over 6 months ago that he had left, and just two months since the news of his death. She gave a sigh, as she slipped the picture back into her tablet.

“Thanks…”she said with a blush, “She’s got a beautiful heart. She even inherited my wings, though she doesn’t know how to use them very well yet.”

She outstretched her arms, thinking about her belongings she had left by her horse. She quickly ran back, placing her satchel, bow and arrow carrier on her shoulders. She led her horse next to Drake’s, giving it a pat on the nose. She looked back at him.

“No married huh? Just a fiancée for now?” she asked. She turned around, taking his hand. She gently shook it, as she gave him a curtsy.

"Wonderful to meet you Haskeen." She looked at the man, very unsure about his appearance, "Please, call me Nateia."

She looked at the two men next to her, her eyes met their weapons. They were real soldiers, nothing like her. She didn't belong, and she knew she wouldn't live to see her daughter if she didn't make friends.

3. chad.sims2

chad.sims2 New Member

"No, no. Things have been over between the two of us for years." He said and smiled at his desert friend a bit ashamed of haveing left him but for a beautiful woman like this it was worth it. He put his left hand on the top of the horse's nose and rubbed it gently. The horse but it shook him off and stepped protectivly next to Nateia. "Well it seems you've made a freind out of this horse." He said more to himself than to her. He looked back to her after she had finished greeting the desert man and noted her nurvous look at the weapons. Now it was Drake's turn to feel protective. He had noted that the man had scared the poor boy back at the castle and would not take kindly if he took advantage of the woman's obiouse worry to control her.

"But back to my original question." He anounced and looked around. "What do you two think of this forest we're about to enter?" He asked watching the treeline carefully.

4. Gloom Kitty

Gloom Kitty Banned

in a little cage in the bowls of Cephalid
    Ketka knew from past experiences that many unpleasant creatures roamed the forests not only here but within the bounds of her own kingdom. Her mount had been some what special a large Heckling thunder cat it had been a gift from visiting royalty. Ketka had been glad for it. The human horses worried little about the large cat. The time spent in the stables with the well feed cat making them oblivious to its carnivorous traits. Its movements were smooth like a horse its head would reach to the earth and sniff the soils here and there it let out a shrill yowl.

Ketka signalled the thunder cat into a resting position and sat leant again its thick fur her sword out of its rig she dug it within the soils and leant against it.

5. Bick

Bick New Member

She gave a genuine smile as the first few words came from his mouth. He wasn’t taken after all. She looked at the ring that she kept on her finger, gently brushing it with her thumb. She sighed, and looked at her horse. She gave it a kiss on the nose, gently brushing it with her fingers.

She looked back out at the woods, a shiver going down her spine. She wouldn’t be able to fly properly in there, she knew it all ready. She knew she would be utterly defenseless. She wasn’t great with a sword, it was her bow and arrow that made her strong. Her hand reached for her bow, brushing against the fine wood.

“To be honest, I’m a bit terrified.” She blushed, not sure it was the best thing to say. She wasn’t one of them though, she would never make it as a hero.

6. Darkthought

Many travelers had entered the Aranach Wood over the years, and many had died. There was a reason people believed it to be cursed. Something dwelt in the twisting shadows, and that something was pointedly aware of those who now waited on the borders of its woods.

Silently, slowly, the creature twisted its way through the branches near the travelers. There seemed to be ten in all. A delicious feast indeed. The creature licked its lips, a long drawn out sound like steam being let loose coming from it as it exhaled. The thing could barely wait for the unwary wanderers to set foot in its home.

It began to laugh in a language only it could understand. It was the spirit of those woods, and those woods had a very bad spirit.

7. BrinkofDawn

BrinkofDawn New Member

"Not at all", Leon replied.

"In fact, it happens frequiently with me. Most times it's usually...mostly my fault....long story....but this time was different".

Leon took a few paces to the side of Rae and sat down in the grass.

"Actually, to be honest, I was more frightened by the 4-legged beast I road....I think it's called a horse. I've never seen one before where I'm from".

He pulled out his flask again and held it forward.

"Drink?"

8. Darkthought

Rae waved the flash away. "No thanks. I wouldn't advise you to have any either. We'll be going into the woods soon. You will need what senses you have." Rae had great warriors die simply because they had drank a little and were caught off guard.

"Never seen a horse you say?" his red eyes gave the man a questionable stare. "Where are you from exactly? I thought most of the world had horses of one type or another."

9. Klee

Klee New Member

Rune looked back at the talking group, they seemed pretty merry and at ease with each other, more or less. Considering the fact that many of them could kill the person next to them in less than a swipe, Rune thought they got along pretty well.

He began to step away from the edge of the forest when something called his attention. Something approaching, something not wishing them any well.

Rune barked. Once, twice. Whatever it was, it had stopped, but he could still feel the evil intention reaching for them in the wind. As long as it didn't come closer, he supposed he could be at ease. And thinking more on it, each of the men and women here seemed pretty capable of protecting his or herself, so there wasn't anything to worry about for Rune, expect himself.

10. BrinkofDawn

BrinkofDawn New Member

"Suit yourself", Leon replied as he took a swig.

"I've only heard stories about 4-legged creatures you call horses. I come from the Cresent Islands across the sea. The beasts there have more legs than these horses, bred to work specifically in the fields....".

He took another swig.

"...ugh, call them Svaldnirs. They have sort of a tusk covering their face, like the metal shields covering your horses heads, and their hooves are sometimes clawed, like a keeta".

Leon suddenly heard a bark from the campsite and turned to listen.

11. Chickidy

Chickidy New Member

"This place," said Haskeen in the first honest tone since he had threatened the page, "It wreaks of a stench unknown to me. An unnatural place, something here that should not be. I was never a religious man, hard to be when you kill so many out on the road, but a place like this makes me wish I was." The foreigner looked up at the dark, cloudy sky, his eyes sparkling as in the distance a creature howled. He turned back to his companions and said, "A bit chilly tonight, uh-" he tried to regain his composure, shaking his head lightly and mumbling a little to himself. "I-I-I wish I had brought some of that fine northern whiskey. We of the sands, *cough*, don't get too much of that grain water, it would help warm you up in such a frigid place as this."

12. chad.sims2

chad.sims2 New Member

Drake frowned and staired off into the forest for a long moment. "I'll give you that this place is creepy but it's still just a forest." He said and smiled down at the nurvius widow. "You'll both get through this forest fine." He anounced and lifted his sword in his right hand and stabbed it into the ground, it burried itself a foot deep in the dence soil and grass roots. "If I have to fight everytree in this forest us three will make it through." He said, he couldn't help but like the desert man, he had worked with too many men like him to be bothered by his mentality, it was actually kind of comforting when he wasn't spouting lines of impending doom.

He jerked the sword back out of the ground and looked around. "So how about we find ourselves something to eat before it gets too late?" He asked his two compainions.

13. Time_Froze

Time_Froze New Member

Shao'Tio had remained relatively quiet the whole trip. Ever since he saw that dark figure, his demeanor had become very stern. He watched as the other members of his group talked to each other. In the past, he had been like them. At one time, he had been outgoing. Those days now seemed to be long gone. A new bitterness had stricken him.

Rae'non understands, I know why he wanders off by himself, Shao'Tio thought. There is a certain evil in this world that he knows much about. He will never be caught off his guard.
    As he thought this, Shao'Tio looked deep into the woods. Suddenly, a wave of fear hit him. The forest seemed to have a mind of its own--A mind that had one purpose. "It wants us all dead, the danger will never stop," He shouted.

14. Chickidy

Chickidy New Member

Haskeen's head jerked in the direction of the "prophet". The recognizable sound of his voice was calming to him somehow, to know he was not alone, that not everything was hostile. "Hmph, it appears our dear sage has foretold a little more doom. I do worry what has become of his mind, if he is slipping to the ways of that mad lord, men of power are dangerous when they lose . . . clarity."

Though he scoffed at Shao'Tio, he could not help but admit to himself that his words weighed on his mind. I mustn't show fear, I mustn't show weakness. I must remain confident, I must remain strong. Whatever is in those woods, it will bleed, it will die. Haskeen said, in the tone the others had grown accustomed to, "Yes, food, perhaps we should go hunting, fresh meat is better than rations, and we are next to the woods. Surely within its twisted branches there is a fair rabbit, or perhaps a deer or some wild dog. Dog is a fine meal my friend, sentimentality keeps many from the fine meat to be had, but of course when your stranded in the sands your pet must make the ultimate sacrifice." Haskeen looked around a little, licking his lips beneath his masked face.

15. Bick

Bick New Member

Nuddie didn’t like the idea, but she didn’t say much. She put her hand on her horse’s nuzzle, kissing it gently.

“Be safe.” She whispered, as she tied her up with some of the other horses to a nearby tree. She placed her things back in her satchel, and flung it over her shoulder. She then took her bow from her shoulder, and lazily hung an arrow from it. She looked at the men, her eyes full and unsure.

“I’ll come.” She muttered. She walked ahead of them, her breath heavy as she stopped at the edge of the forest. She didn't like the feel of it.

16. chad.sims2

chad.sims2 New Member

Drake smiled broadly as she agreed to come. "Great I was just about to ask how he had purposed we catch the bunny but your bow should come in handy." He said and gave the desert man a big slap on the back. "I'll let you lead this hunting expidition, and i'll take up the rear." He anounced and looked over at Natiea. She seemed worried. "I told you that this forest is perfectly safe with me around." He reassured her, and lifted his sword to his shoulder. "And who knows with any luck we might nab something really interesting." He said thinking more along the lines of some monster than a deer or mouse.

17. Darkthought

The creature had wings. It was a beautiful creature. As the monster in the shadows of the forest watched the winged girl, it couldn't help but wonder if she was as delicious as she was beautiful. It had been so long since the forest had taken it last meal. It would wait no more. It would take its meal now.

Silently, slowly, the creature twisted and twined its way through the branches. No sound, not even the slightest shake of a branch. The creature owned the woods, was part of them. The winged beauty turned her back. There it was. That was the moment the creature was waiting for.

With all the swiftness of a strong wing, the creature launched its massive tail out of the boughs and wrapped the unsuspecting girl up in it. The creature heard her scream and it brought it joy. So long since last it had heard a helpless scream. It let out a joyous hiss as it fell back into the twisting trees. Its long body relishing the warmth of its latest victim. Then the others at the edge of the forest came. Yes...this would be a great feast.

18. Darkthought

Rae sprang into action, jumping past Arc and diving into the trees after whatever monster had taken the winged girl. It had been huge. Rae doubted he could have even wrapped his arms around the thing. Its skin had looked like armor. He could hardly believe such a thing existed.

Brush scratched at his face as he charged through the trees shouting the girl's name. "Nateia! Nateia where are you?!"

Rae's only answer was a scream and a soft whispering sound, like a hiss. Strangely enough, it sounded as if it were laughing. Just what the hell was that thing?

19. Klee

Klee New Member

Rune barked at the creature as it took the girl with wings. Quickly, he transformed into his wolf form, letting his fur envelop his human body and emerged as the six foot beast he was.

He didn't waste any time in running after the creature following it's sent and the sounds of it's captive. He didn't care that the other's would find his true nature, right now that woman needed help, badly.

20. chad.sims2

chad.sims2 New Member

Drake had been standing with his sword already on his shoulder when the beast attacked. He had leapt at it and swung at it's tail. Missed, only taking a tree down in it's stead. "NATIEA!" He shouted rage welling in side him as he followed after the moving monster with all his might. The thing moved to quickly in the trees. He couldn't keep up. He slashed down any tree that got in the way of his sprint being a stright line. He had promised her it would be safe and had failed that promise now the monster would pay for causeing this. It would not die quickly like most of Drakes foes, no for this beast Drake would make it slow, vary slow.

21. Gloom Kitty

Gloom Kitty Banned

in a little cage in the bowls of Cephalid
    Ketka jolted upwards and tore her sword from the earth swinging herself up on the cat so hummed a few mesmerising notes. The wolven king was at her side materialising out of near by shadows. She beckoned him forwards and he bolted after the fading figure of Rae.

Ketka held her sword raised the way she had been taught. This way she could swing instantly instead of having to lift the piece then swing. It was far quicker this way.

"Nateia! Nateia where are you?!" he was calling. Ketka halted the thunder cat besides the man.

“What has happened Lord?” she asked.

22. Chickidy

Chickidy New Member

"Cursed beast!" Haskeen pounced into action, swearing in foreign tongues. He turned to Drake saying, "Quickly, we must do something, go after her, I shall not be long. I have something that may help.", only to see the massive man gone already. He turned to his tent and began sifting through swag, fine golden wares, expensive pottery and gaudy jewelry until he happened upon a small sack, the sound of porcelain clacking against eachother and sand falling up and down coming from within. He held the bag in one hand, his spear in the other, a mad look on his eyes. "Let us burn it back to the hole it crawled out of!" And with that he was off, sprinting after the evil hiss, knocking aside a bush and a few branches, cursing all the while.

23. Darkthought

Rae didn't have time to stop and talk to Ketka. He simply dashed on ahead after whatever monster had taken Nateia. On the edge of his vision he could see Drake and Haskeen charging through the trees.

Rae drew his blade from the sheath and shouted its name, "Kaelos!" Light erupted from the blade, bringing light to the darkness of the forest. Rae was desperate. He had been charged with ensuring the survival of the heroes. He would not allow himself to fail, not now or ever.

"Nateia! Where ar- oof!"

A massive tail collided with Rae's chest and sent him flying hard into a thick tree. A hiss followed. The next thing Rae saw was a massive pair of yellow-green eyes and a flickering tongue. Its head was easily as big as Rae's entire body.

The snake-thing hissed again and reeled back as if it were about to strike. Rae grabbed up his sword and rolled to the side, just narrowly avoiding the monster's attack. The beast collided with the tree, uprooting the thing and knocking it onto its side. Not even phased, the monster turned again towards Rae who was already diving through the trees, only narrowly avoiding strikes from the thing.

24. Bick

Bick New Member

Nateia woke up, an odd sensation over her body. She screamed as her eyes grew accustomed to the dark of the forest. She was high up in the trees, and seemed to be stuck there by some gooey substance. She began to scream for help, unable to move. She looked around for the giant snake-like creature with the thick skin, her neck barely able to move.

“HELP!” she bellowed, her breathing quickening as the panic set in.

25. Klee

Klee New Member

Rune was not looking if others were following.

Hearing the girl scream, he looked up and saw her there, he could also smell the creature. He tried to jump up and barely got to her. Landing on the ground, he tried once again, this time jumping from tree to tree to take impulse and land a bite on the creature's skin.

It was tough, almost like steel, and Rune couldn't pierce it. The creature shook him off and Rune took the fall, calling over some wind to help cushion the fall. Once on the ground, he looked up and barked again to the creature. His fangs hadn't pierced it, so he would have to think something else.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.