Forced Love, how to show it?

Discussion in 'Character Development' started by spklvr, Dec 9, 2011.

1. AmsterdamAssassin

AmsterdamAssassin Active Member

If I look at my children, I can see myself and my wife in their behaviour, automatic responses and temperament. I can see how someone who disliked/hated the other 'parent' [like a rapist or abusive partner] searching the child's behaviour, automatic responses and temperament for [latent] characteristics. And feel guilty about doing so.

2. hoggyboy

hoggyboy New Member

firstly i just wanna say that this is an awesome idea!

secondly i think everything she should do is tailored to her wants and needs rather then her sons. if he ever asks her if he wants to learn something that she doesnt want, she refuses and claims it actually for the best. she shouldnt be overprotective since generally overprotective parents love their children a lot (even if they can be annoying sometimes lol) anyways she still monitors what he does but you can show the lack of connection between the two simply by the way she talks to him and the body language she displays, it is very closed and sje avoids speaking to her son except when she wants something from him, her sentences to him can be short sharp and direct, obviously no i love you son, etc, just do this, do that and get out...like if she ever sees the man who raped her in the boy she just tells the boy to leave her sight. stuff like that will show forced love...

and of course she only says that "she loves him" when the boy really asks her, wondering why he is so ill-treated