1. JadeX

JadeX Senior Member

Bug Report [Solved] Formatted text not displaying right

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by JadeX, Nov 7, 2015.

I was just re-reading a response to somebody that I posted yesterday, and I noticed that in every place where I used any kind of formatting (bold, italics, underline), the text just simply didn't appear. It looked fine before, but now it's just showing white spaces. Particularly annoying because I typically use such formatting to point out the most important parts of my post, so it's just ironic that whatever this glitch is is causing it to disappear. It makes my posts look like a redacted CIA document, LOL.

Is the staff aware of this issue, or am I the only one seeing this? It's been going on the past couple of days but just now seems to have worsened.

2. Wreybies

Wreybies Thrice Retired Supporter Contributor

Just as an experiment...

Italics
    Bold
    Underline

Are these showing up for you or is there just a blank space?

3. JadeX

JadeX Senior Member

Huh, strange... it doesn't seem to be consistent. At first, I saw the "Italics" and "Underline" correctly, but only part of the "B" in "Bold". I switched tabs to look at my other thread, and most of the text that showed blank before had re-appeared, although not all of it. I switched tabs back to this one, and now all of your post is showing correctly. I don't know what's up. Maybe it's just a problem on my end? (unless anyone else is seeing it too?)

4. Wreybies

I'm going to run a permissions test on your account to see if the glitch shows up for me. A permissions test lets me see the forum with all of you forum settings (but not you private info, just your settings ;) )

5. JadeX

JadeX Senior Member

Okay, really strange now. Both WritingForums.org tabs suddenly crashed, displayed the error in the attached screenshot. And when I refreshed, they loaded right back up, and lo and behold, all the formatted text now displays correctly!

Attached Files:

6. Wreybies

The permissions didn't show me any glitches and I flipped through a few different threads to see if I could find one that would show me the glitch, and no one else has reported this issue.

[​IMG]

7. Wreybies

Maybe your browser just had a little indigestion. :)