Free from a seatbelt?

Discussion in 'Plot Development' started by KrisG, Jan 17, 2011.

1. Allegro Van Kiddo

Allegro Van Kiddo New Member

Yep, other companies make them too. However, among people who like them that name has cool appeal.

2. FrankABlissett

FrankABlissett Active Member

Wow - that's a thing of beauty, Allegro. Don't think I've seen that model in the stores around here, but will have to keep a lookout.

-Frank

3. Peerie Pict

Peerie Pict Contributor Contributor

As far as I'm aware it's any knife or 'article with a blade' in a public place. I'm assuming pen knives and Swiss army knives fall under this.

There's a lot of knife crime/stabbings in Scotland so a blanket prohibition on knives was seen as the best solution I think.

My dad used to carry a stanley knife around with him a lot as he used to be a carpenter/joiner. I really don't know what might have happened if the Police stopped him and searched him. I also bought one from a craft shop and took it home. I wouldn't go out with it in my pocket but if I did and was stopped it would probably be an offence.

Anyway, with regard to the OP, I think if possession of a knife is a common habit where the MC is set/based, then it shouldn't be a problem to have him use a knife. Or maybe he could be a joiner reaching inside his toolbox!

4. Malc-Downing

Malc-Downing New Member

how about a piece of broken glass (from a glass bottle the mc was drinking from, or from other cars headlight etc.) . It would take a while to cut a seatbelt, adding to the mc's panic.

5. Allegro Van Kiddo

Allegro Van Kiddo New Member

I think they call it the Skeleton and it hooks to the belt with a clip. It doesn't have all the features though.