Funny or Weird Habits! :P

Discussion in 'Word games' started by Slipknot663Korn, Jan 28, 2009.

1. Melanie Dawn

Melanie Dawn New Member

1. When eating chips and dip I always scrape the dip so it remains smooth on the top (I don't gauge holes into it with my chip and I hate it when other people do!)
    2. I hate that nasty watery stuff that pools in the holes after sitting overnight in the fridge.
    3. Hyperspace, I've never tried it, but the next time I'm eating my chips and dip, I think I might :)

2. TerraIncognita

TerraIncognita Aggressively Nice Person Contributor

1. I vehemently refuse to keep my space perfectly tidy there must always be a few things out of place.

2. I blame it on the fact I'm an artist.

3. Makes perfect sense to me.

3. jacklondonsghost

jacklondonsghost New Member

1. I frequently relax (read: every day of my life) by coloring in a little kids coloring book (right now it's pirates) with my 64 box of Crayolas.
    2. It's actually intensely relaxing and helps calm my mind down.
    3. I agree with ya, except mine isn't intentional, it's just my ADD lol...

4. TerraIncognita

TerraIncognita Aggressively Nice Person Contributor

1. Starting art projects then taking over a week to finish them

2. I get distracted easily

3. Lol coloring is fun. Don't blame ya.

5. solarstarrkatt

solarstarrkatt New Member

1. I just realized that I always skip all of the songs on, "This is War" to listen to, "Stranger in a Strange Land". Don't get me wrong, the others are good, but that's my favorite.
    2. I like it too much to listen to the others :3
    3. I never finished any of the ones I did outside of school....
    Crap. Now its stuck in my head.

6. Anonym

Anonym New Member

1. I eat 9/10's of a french fry, and leave the tip.
    2. Good question. To quantify what i eat maybe. Eating slower, feeling fuller faster, idk. i do the same with most tubular foods, haha
    3. Lol. altho i have no idea what band/song/album you're talking about, it sounds like something i do on my Mp3 all the time

7. solarstarrkatt

solarstarrkatt New Member

1.On the Sims 2 for PS2, I always kill sims by fire if I get bored.
    2. Killing Sims are fun!
    3. I tend to do that if the ends are burned. Like at McDonalds.

8. thesilverdepths

thesilverdepths New Member

1. I absolutely HAVE to wash my hands before using my xbox controllers
    2. My little brothers always greased them up after eating, and it became like an OCD thing for me hehe
    3. Killing sims doesn't really sound all that bad >:]

9. Garfiun

Garfiun New Member

1 - If a console controller has got skin stuck in the cracks I got to clean them before using.
    2 - I just feel dirty holding them.
    3 - Not bad I feel the same.

10. litchickuk

litchickuk New Member

1. I collect dustjackets from books that people take off and discard, and return them to the books when people are done reading them
    2. I think if it came with a dustjacket, it should keep it! Its part of the book, so destroying it is the equivalent as destroying the book!
    3. I dont play computer games often enough to have noticed skin cells still attached from the last player - and now i will be playing them even less now i know about the leftover skin!

11. Three

Three New Member

1 - When I see things in a straight line, like pencils, I have to make them crooked. On the same topic, I feel uncomfortable if my room is too clean. I'm uneasy until a few things are thrown on the floor.
    2 - Uhh... reverse OCD?
    3 - I love dustjackets! Why would anyone throw them away? ; . ;

12. JessaNova

JessaNova New Member

1: I spray myself with perfume everytime I leave the house or have company over. And I even smell myself in places to make sure I don't stink there.
    2: Social disorder, probably.
    3: That makes sense. If things are a little too 'together', it makes you uneasy and uncomfortable. I do that sometimes, too.

13. 1to2000

1to2000 New Member

1. When listening to music on iPod/MP3, I lip sync the words.
    2. It's fun, I guess. Although people sometimes look at me strangely.
    3. That sounds like a good habit. As long as you don't go overboard and use three bottles or something in a day...

14. Soft Rains

Soft Rains New Member

1. Every time I open up a soda can, I twist the top to the side
    2. I started off as a way for me to remember which can was mine at a party or something, and now I do it all the time....even if I'm by myself!
    3. That's a great habit and I say you take it to the next level and actually sing out loud!

15. jo spumoni

jo spumoni Active Member

La Jolla, CA (and Mission Viejo, CA, during the su
    1. I like to pick the skin off my lips
    2. I like the way the pain feels. No, I'm not emo or suicidal or OCD. I genuinely enjoy it.
    3. Soft Rains, you should save the tops when you twist them because the Ronald McDonald House collects them--I guess they get money for recycling.

16. Eunoia

Eunoia Contributor Contributor

1. You know there's the bit round the edge when you open a yoghurt? And then sometimes what's on the lid drops into the main yoghurt? Well, I don't eat the yoghurt round the edge or if it drops into the main yoghurt.
    2. It tastes different, even if I mix it with the rest of the yoghurt.
    3. I do that too, although I don't enjoy it like you do.

17. mummymunt

mummymunt New Member

1. Brand new strange behaviour for me, just started a couple of weeks ago: when I turn the car off, conscious effort is required to take my foot off the clutch.
    2. Along with being bipolar, I have general anxiety issues and when I'm on a downhill slide (which I have been lately), my anxiety has to fixate on something so this time my brain worries that if I take my foot off the clutch the car will lurch forward, even though I know the car isn't running. It's hard work being crazy :)
    3. I don't eat the yoghurt from around the top of the container either, it's harder, kind of rubbery or crusty, and I can be very sensitive to texture.

18. Aszyllin

Aszyllin New Member

1. I have this habit of giggling on the phone to strangers I am talking to, which my sister pointed out when I was about to hang up on a telemarketer
    2. Hey! Giggling just makes me seem like a happy person. Obviously I am strange but better giggling then nasty high pitched laughter :) Maybe its nervous laughter!
    3. At least you don't keep your foot on the gas when you think the car is off. That could be a more dangerous habit :)

19. Wreybies

Wreybies Thrice Retired Supporter Contributor

When I open the screen door, I always cross my index and middle fingers and push the door open with them in that position. Always.

20. k.little90

k.little90 Active Member

1A.Whenever I drink from anything, doesn't matter if it's a glass or a bottle, I always leave about an inch left in the container untouched. I don't know why, but I always do this! It drives my family crazy because I leave almost-empty bottles of water all over the house :rolleyes:.

1B.Also, when I'm setting my alarm clock, I always have to set it on an odd number. For example, I will set it for 5:23 instead of 5:20. If someone else sets it for me and I know it's on an even number, it nags at me until I can change it.

2.Because I'm a weirdo lol

3. Wreybies, have you always had to do that when opening a screen door, or is it a habit that you have just developed? Do you know why you do it?

21. Wreybies

Wreybies Thrice Retired Supporter Contributor

As far back as I can remember. There are a few strange things like that I do. (shades of OCD) I also have a habit of tipping my foot out (hard to explain the actual maneuver) when I step out from the door. It was my boyfriend who pointed it out to me. I didn't even know I was doing it.

Why I do it? Not the foggiest. :rolleyes:

Also, on a more explainable note, I eat things like yoghourt and other such snack-in-a-cup items very, very slowly. I never scoop with the spoon. I only just dip the spoon in and whatever sticks to the spoon, that is what I then take in. My idea being that snacks which are had for reasons other than hunger should not be used to fill one up. They are to be enjoyed for their flavor and perhaps texture. The only material you can actually taste is that which comes into direct contact with the tongue. Any extra snack material that has not contact is no enjoyed and thus wasted.

22. DavePiancci

DavePiancci New Member

1) When adjusting the the volume on the tv, the number has to end in a 0 or a 5. 2 or 8 are sometimes acceptable, but only if 0 and 5 is too high/low.

2) Odd numbers (apart from 5) are just not right.

3) I do that with yoghurts as well until I get bored.

23. Schnagoozle

Schnagoozle New Member

1a. I sleep under the covers. As in ALL the way under, head and all.

1b. I set my alarm 45 minutes earlier then when I actually need to get up.

2a. I've become paranoid since my bed was moved to the center of the room, rather than in the corner where it was before. Now there are three sides where something can crawl out of my bed (I know there isn't actually something there, but I don't want to be the skeptic who doesn't take precautions and is killed because of it) and kill me. The "I can't see them, they can't see me" technique makes me feel safer.

2b. Because I'm lazy and can't get out of bed until I get the chance to chill for a little while.

3. My sister does that; it drives me insane because she always makes the music too quiet when we're in the car. When I'm up front though I always make it 1-4 or 6-9 just to spite her. ..Then I get yelled at for being mean.

24. finchgeam

finchgeam New Member

1. I never put sauce on my steak or other kinds of meat like chicken and pork.
    2. I think sauces ruin the flavor of food.
    3. (1b above) seems genius. that way you can sleep much longer before you have to get up.

25. Youniquee

Youniquee (◡‿◡✿) Contributor

1. I can't sleep in silence, so I put on my fan every night. Yes, even in winter.
    2. I'm weird and scared of the dark.
    3. Lol that's unique xD no pun intended.