Garage Band! (No, not teh mac program)

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Sir Cameron, Sep 4, 2007.

Tags:
  1. Frost

Frost Active Member

**** thats quite impressive then. My current project, the guitarist has been playing for three years and he is AMAZING at what he does, but he's only got a limited musical spectrum, that sort of refuses to broaden.
    Im much different though, I've been drumming for four or five years now, and I'd be quite happy to incorporate jazz, latin, funk and blues into our thrash/prog metal music.

Anyway, I have one suggestion to your drummer: rudiments. No doubt he does or has done them if he's as good as that in three years. If he's practising his rudiments with a steady increase in tempo, get him to stop. It makes a drummer more prone to quicken his tempo coming out of fills during songs, especially if they're similiar to rudiments. If he isn't that's great. He should be doing fifteen minutes of rudiments. Accuracy is more important than speed as well. Because while he is great and I'm incredibly impressed, there's alot of room for him to tighten up, especially in fills and when he comes out of them. Guitar wise I cant give a very good critique, but it sounds not to bad.

Also, I take you don't like Haste The Day :p