gay MC and sex scenes

Discussion in 'Character Development' started by Masli, Sep 17, 2018.

?

Should I add gay sex scenes to my urban fantasy novel? (both MC's)

1. yes go for it in full action scene!

3 vote(s)
    25.0%
  2. You can do so, but better in a narrative summary

5 vote(s)
    41.7%
  3. Better leave the juicy details out, but it's okay to mention they have a relationship

2 vote(s)
    16.7%
  4. other, please enlighten me

2 vote(s)
    16.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LordWarGod

LordWarGod Banned

It's been linked to me before.

2. LordWarGod

LordWarGod Banned

Yes, check out the data that W.H.O used to justify their reclassification of Gender Dysphoria from a mental illness to a mental illness. The data in the studies conducted showed that people with Gender Dysphoria suffered from birth defects to the brain and body. Their bodies now react to certain steroids like the opposite gender and their brains have been influenced by the wrong hormones since birth. Both of those defects caused a Dysphoria in the person, the gender is virtually the same but the only difference is that they suffered from those birth defects.

They were always the gender they were born as and therefore if a male with Gender Dysphoria claimed to be attracted to men then they're not suddenly a heterosexual but in fact still a homosexual. Likewise for women who think they're men, they're not heterosexual men but lesbian women.

I'm sorry if I'm offending people but this is the reality based on the data discovered from those studies. The scientists who wrote the studies/articles also had a huge biased narrative they tried to force with the data. They implied that somehow this data concluded that they were people trapped in the wrong gender body when all the data said was that they suffered from birth defects and that it led to a mental illness forming.

3. John Calligan

John Calligan Contributor Contributor

Thank god for religion, eh?

4. The Dapper Hooligan

The Dapper Hooligan (V) ( ;,,;) (v) Contributor

This is inaccurate.

The study I just linked you to talked about transgender people going from androphilic (having a preference for men) to gynophilic (having a preference for women) and from gynophilic to androphilic. Their genetic sex and gender not coming into play, that's a straight up change in preference.

For all the studies you claim to have, you have yet to share an actual scientific paper on the subject. You'll have to forgive me if 'your word' and 'your experience' just isn't good enough, especially when it runs contrary to what I learned over several years in an actual university taking classes on the subject.

John Calligan likes this.
  5. cherrya

cherrya Active Member

I voted for the narrative option, but I'm a little puzzled. If it's really relevant to your story I don't feel like you'd be asking yourself these questions. Only put what is necessary, otherwise things almost always feel amateurish. If it feels important to show that your characters slept together because it strengthens their bound in the view of the reader, then I would do so. If there is a particular reason in being more graphic (although I personally never feel that it is unless it's just 'that type' of book), then that could justify it. But otherwise, I don't see why.

I see that you're writing a vampire story. Vampires are indeed viewed as sensual creatures. If you feel like it would make sense to write more graphic scenes (again, only if it suits the story, but then again you do you..), maybe you could play with that. Not making it graphic for the sake of it, but showing it in a more sensual manner, more experienced and mystical (?)

Masli likes this.
  6. ChickenFreak

ChickenFreak Contributor Contributor

I assume you forgot to include a link or links to support all this. Also, is "from a mental illness to a mental illness" an error or sarcasm?

7. LordWarGod

LordWarGod Banned

Well then, you'd better go tell the scientific community that conducted these studies that. I'm sure they'll be pleased to know that you're on top of the subject. It's strange because this is exactly the argument all transgender people use to justify their movement and none of them realize that it actually disproves their argument. There is absolutely no data showing that they are literally a female inside a male body or visa versa.

The data clearly states three things:

1. Birth defect to the brain that causes hormonal imbalances combined with a defect that caused different wiring in the brain.

2. Birth defect to the body that caused a reaction to a type of steroid similar to the opposite gender's reaction. Plus hormonal imbalances are present here.

3. As a result of those two birth defects and a long period of time, a Dysphoria took place that disconnected the mind from the body and caused Gender Dysphoria.

Nowhere does it say in any of that data that they were born as the wrong gender. The data does state that Gender Dysphoria is the result of a birth defect, while I had to really pick through the walls of false narrative garbage to actually find the data, this is what it said. The treatment for Gender Dysphoria is like a placebo effect, it simply just gives them relief because their minds believe it is working. It is the same kind of relief a person with Body Dysphoria has when they see their body image change to their desired one.

Then that means they were always attracted to that gender from the beginning, the chief point this study uses to justify such a claim is the false narrative that transgender is actually a thing. It is not a thing, a mental illness is not a gender, it is a serious issue that has a suicide rate 8 times higher than that of the Jewish people during the Holocaust. A suicide rate that is exponentially higher per population in comparison to any other suicide group, including males living in the first world.

It has been shown by the William's Institute of UCLA that it made virtually no difference to the suicide rates as to whether we accepted people with Gender Dysphoria or not. They remained virtually the same. Please don't try to romanticize a mental illness, it does more harm than good.

I'm using the same data that everybody else is using to justify transgenderism, you'll have to forgive me but until a study that has been conducted that gives me proof that they are indeed the gender they claim to be and not proof of a birth defect, I'm afraid I won't be changing my stance on the matter. If anything, having a gender studies degree drastically reduces your credibility in my eyes so I don't understand what the point of that claim was.

Again, I mean no offense to anybody. I wish people with Gender Dysphoria good luck in coping with their mental illness and I don't wish any harm on them.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2018
  8. LordWarGod

LordWarGod Banned

You know the W.H.O website that lists all the DSMs? Look for Gender Dysphoria, read the studies conducted on the matter. They have thousands of them and you'll have to sift through the garbage to actually find concrete data rather than emotional/wishful findings that come in the form of the written narrative. But it's there, in fact, people on Reddit didn't waste any time linking those studies to me thinking that they would reinforce their arguments.

9. ChickenFreak

Yeah, I'm not doing your research for you, thanks.

10. Laurin Kelly

Laurin Kelly Contributor Contributor

This is honestly one of the grossest and most offensive statements I've read on this forum. I'm trying to not get emotional or personal, but it's really, really hard for me.

Cave Troll, Lemie and ChickenFreak like this.
  11. LordWarGod

LordWarGod Banned

Fine by me, you asked, suit yourself.

12. LordWarGod

LordWarGod Banned

I'm sorry you feel this way, I wish you didn't.

13. Laurin Kelly

I wish you didn't feel the way you do either. I guess neither of us are getting what we want.

ETA: Your apology is not accepted, just so we're clear. When people show me who they are I believe them the first time.

ChickenFreak likes this.
  14. LordWarGod

LordWarGod Banned

Life goes on, fortunately. Try not to get too stuck on this, it's not going to change anything.

15. ChickenFreak

I’m impressed that they can apparently create a whole parallel Earth to test this. Because given that there is no society that has reliable acceptance, that’s really the only way to come to that conclusion.

BayView likes this.
  16. Laurin Kelly

Oh honey, I've been ignoring people like you from beyond measurable time. Y'all don't stick me, or the folks that I love and support, and change will happen just fine without your bigoted views.

17. LordWarGod

LordWarGod Banned

Hey, take it up with UCLA, not me.

18. LordWarGod

LordWarGod Banned

It isn't bigoted if it's true, unfortunately.

19. John Calligan

I'm pretty sure the DSM-5 treats only the distress associated with an incongruity in gender as a problem, rather than the incongruity itself. Trans folk can be psychologically healthy, so it's not appropriate to blindly label them as people suffering from a mental illness. The distress is socially caused, and not intrinsic.

It's a similar reason why homosexuality was removed from the DSM.

My point is that it's neither socially, nor technically, correct to act like trans folk are suffering from an illness.

The Dapper Hooligan and DK3654 like this.
  20. LordWarGod

LordWarGod Banned

Then it isn't correct to classify people with Schizophrenia as mentally ill since they have wild delusions where they think they're Jesus or George Washington. After all, their distress is caused by people not accepting their delusions in society and not their "condition".

I don't understand why people want to pretend that this isn't a problem at all. It is a huge problem and it's getting worse the more we have people telling others to shut up and just accept it without question.

21. DK3654

DK3654 Almost a Productive Member of Society Contributor

People with Schizophrenia encounter problems whether or not people accept them.

It's a complex issue. Therefore, a lot of people don't fully understand it, and that makes the whole argument more susceptible to simplification and emotional argumentation. That doesn't mean there isn't reasons to accept the general consensus.

John Calligan likes this.
  22. LordWarGod

LordWarGod Banned

So do people with Gender Dysphoria, as evidenced with the William's Institute of UCLA study on transgender suicide rates. 41% attempt suicide over a lifetime, that's for the entire population of people with Gender Dysphoria. 41%, that is insanely high and that is actually 8 times the amount of suicides the Jews committed during the Holocaust, attempted or successful. The study also showed that it makes virtually no difference as to how well accepted or treated they are in society, they will end up experiencing other problems such as depression or anxiety that coupled with Gender Dysphoria, could lead to alcohol/drug abuse and eventual suicide or self-harm. Though not all, it's still high of a number to reach 41%.

So, what do we do with this information? Do we call it bigoted to say that people with Gender Dysphoria clearly have a mental health issue? Is it bigoted to say that the current treatment doesn't have a 100% success rate and not only that but there is a percentage that "regret" their decision and revert back?

It is as complex of an issue as any other mental illness like Schizophrenia or Dementia is. The only reason we're not treating Gender Dysphoria as such is because it was tacked into the LGB community and therefore received oppressed victim status, which is basically immunity to criticism in today's society. Even when the data doesn't show anything about them actually being the gender they say they are, just like how there isn't any data showing that Schizophrenic people who claim to be George Washington trapped in the wrong body is true.

How does this affect me? It wasn't an issue when it was just that, people deciding they wanted to be a different gender and dressing up as that gender. Sure, they ridiculed those genders by being complete caricatures of them and following complete stereotypes that weren't applicable to everybody of that gender. Sure, they looked weird and in some cases, were quite vocally obnoxious especially with their campaigns and parades but that wasn't my business.

It all began to affect me when they began to force "transgender" onto medical forms, it all began to affect me when they began to add "cisgender" onto medical forms. When they forced normal people who do not have Gender Dysphoria to take up the label "cisgender" in order to justify and reinforce their delusions further. They are actively attempting to change the words in the English language such as sex and gender, they were once interchangeable words for as long as I could remember and this underwent a radical change during the early 2010's.

There is a bill in Ontario called the C-16 Bill which was cleverly hidden under the discrimination and hate crime act that made it a hate crime to purposefully misgender people or use the incorrect pronouns for people with Gender Dysphoria. They defended this bill by saying that anyone seeking prosecution would be laughed out of court and claimed it was to protect "transgender worker rights" when nothing in the bill was about that at all. Why would they pass a bill like that when it could just "be laughed out of court"? What would be the point? I'll tell you the point, it's to subdue free speech and force people to think like them and not to think for themselves.

I'm sorry to everybody in this thread but I asked a very simple question not relevant to Gender Dysphoria and somebody decided to have a debate which devolved this thread into a discussion about Gender Dysphoria. Me, not being the kind of person to back down from a debate, decided to argue back. But this is something that needs to get addressed everywhere if people really feel so strongly about it.

23. John Calligan

^I think you missed the part about how the illness is the distress which arises from social pressures among some people with an incongruity. Not the incongruity. Basically, people like you create a problem for people with the incongruity, and if they have distress, it is because of the effects other people are having on them.

BayView likes this.
  24. LordWarGod

LordWarGod Banned

I've just cited a study that disproved that claim. It does not matter whether or not society treats them well, accepts them and doesn't apply any social pressure on them; the attempted suicide rates remain at 41% across a lifetime. It is not the result of people bullying them or hating them, it is the result of the simple fact that people with Gender Dysphoria are suffering from a mental illness.

25. John Calligan

"A study." okay.

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.