Tags:
  1. AnimalAsLeader

AnimalAsLeader Active Member

G'day!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by AnimalAsLeader, Aug 27, 2019.

Hello folks!

I love australian accents, that's why I chose the title. Unfortunately, I'm not from there. In fact, I live in Germany, and not being an english native speaker is arguably a disadvantage in writing (especially in Germany, where the bookmarket is dominated by british and american authors).

But, I wanted to start writing in English, and also the last (German) forum I was in died, but not because of me :p

I love writing things without the traditional happy ending. When I'm not writing, I'm either playing the guitar or the piano, drawing and dumping the results on my DeviantArt (same name), studying computer science or working on my own game ... Hopefully, an exchange with like minded people will propel me to use more of my spare time on bbeing productive in terms of writing?
    :)

Apart from all of this, I love tea, metal (Been a fan of AnimalsAsLeaders for some time, hence the name) and pilosophical/logical problems.

cheers!
    Animal

2. jannert

jannert Retired Mod Supporter Contributor

Hi there, AnimalAsLeader! :)

I’m The Glass Owl Moderator here, and I want to welcome you to the forum.

If you haven't had a chance to yet, be sure to check out New Member Quick Start and Forum Rules.

If you have any questions or run into any problems, you can contact me or one of the other active moderators (big soft moose or Iain Aschendale) and we’ll do our best to help.

Just for information: You will need to have 2 weeks' membership and make at least 20 posts before you become a full Member. Your official status will then change from New Member to Member, and will show up beneath your forum name and avatar.

You must be a full Member and also do 2 constructive critiques of other people’s writing before our software allows you to post your own work in the Workshop for feedback—see the New Member Quick Start guide (above) for details.

In the meantime, go ahead and browse the whole forum. Jump into any one of the numerous discussions that are ongoing here. Get to know us, and let us get to know you!

You sound like a very interesting person, with a lot going for you. (Well, maybe not the dead forum :eek:, but the other things you mentioned.) I am already impressed by your high standard of English. It's hard enough becoming a good writer, without tackling another language to do it. But many do. You'll find many on this forum who do. (Sadly not me. I'm a one-trick-owl.)

By the way, speaking of Metal, are you familiar with the Mongolian 'metal' band, The Hu? I think they're fantastic. A breath of fresh Mongolian air. And they do great videos.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2019
    Some Guy likes this.
  3. LoaDyron

LoaDyron Contributor Contributor

Hello friend. :superhello:

Welcome to the forum. I am just like you, a non-native English speaker so I understand well your situation. I'm sure you will find what you are looking for here, so keep fighting and don't give up. Any questions? Ask in the forum, don't be shy.

I do love metal, as well. Share in the music post your bands.

Have a lovely day. :superagree:

4. AnimalAsLeader

AnimalAsLeader Active Member

Thanks for the welcome!
    Yes, I know them, they have some sick grooves. However, I'm more into the progressive spectrum of the genre.

The last bands and songs I listened to were Automata by Dallian, Conquest by Elysian and Macabre by Dir en grey.
    My all time favorites are the Ataxia songs and World Undone by Within the Ruins, Odyssey to the West by Slice the Cake, Digital Veil by The Human Abstract, Exodus by Shokran and some other songs of various artists.