1. Frankovitch

Frankovitch Member

Generic salutations

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Frankovitch, Mar 14, 2015.

Please allow me to introduce myself, I'm a man of wealth and taste. Or at least taste. In books, not clothing. It's been years since I bought my own clothes. I just wish for new clothes for my birthday and christmas. Not that I enjoy getting them, but I very much do not care for going shopping for clothes, and relieving me of that is the biggest present my loved ones can give me.

I come from the second-flattest country in the world, Denmark, a land of wenches, taxes and beer.

I've written a lot of godawful short stories, and a single passably good one. It has been published in an international online magazine, and will be published this summer in some danish educational material.

My completely unrealistic dream is to write an actual novel some day. But then there's the wife, kids and the full-time job.

I like Joe Abercrombie, Brandon Sanderson and Peter V Brett. I detest the works of Justin Cronin, and feel that Stephen King is over-rated.

I write within the fields of fantasy, horror and science fiction, in that order.

2. Wreybies

Wreybies Thrice Retired Supporter Contributor

Welcome to you, he of the Generic Salutation. :)

I share your feelings concerning King. I think King's success is confused with quality. McDonalds is wildly successful as an enterprise, but I don't think quality is what one thinks upon seeing the 'golden arches'. ;)

Welcome to the forum. Here's the New Member Quick Start in case you've not given it a peruse.

Wrey

3. Frankovitch

Frankovitch Member

Stephen "Burger" King?

Wreybies likes this.
  4. outsider

outsider Contributor Contributor

I like the cut of your jib, young man.
    I too, have the wife, kids and work side of the equation to balance against limited windows of writing time. I also concur that Stephen King is pish.:agreed:

5. Gigi_GNR

Gigi_GNR Guys, come on. WAFFLE-O. Contributor

Welcome to the WF.