1. Justin Rocket 2

Justin Rocket 2 Contributor Contributor

Getting out of Kansas

Discussion in 'Plot Development' started by Justin Rocket 2, May 21, 2015.

My hero is onboard a transcontinental bus in Kansas. He has just discovered that he is being framed for a murder which occurred in Texas (the origin point for the bus). The guy who framed him is also on the bus and is headed for New York to set off a bomb.

What does the hero do? If he stays on the bus, the cops will eventually catch up to him. If he gets off the bus, then he's stuck in the middle of nowhere Kansas and won't be able to stop the bomb from going off.

Suggestions, please

2. ManOrAstroMan

ManOrAstroMan Magical Space Detective Contributor

If the police knew he was on the bus, they would stop the bus before it arrived. Even if it slipped through their immediate jurisdiction, they'd know the bus's route and get the state authorities to stop the bus and arrest the guy. It would be really, really unlikely they'd just shrug and say, "Oh, well. We'll get him on the other side of the country."
    So, assuming they don't know he's on the bus, there's no reason for him not to go to New York.

3. Justin Rocket 2

My assumption is that they don't know he's on the bus until after the corpse is found and video tapes are reviewed. By the time they know he's on the bus, the bus is in Kansas on a long stretch of road in the middle of wheat fields.

4. smhlolroflbrb

smhlolroflbrb Unauthorized Reentry

To me it's a bit illogical for the antagonist to frame a guy who's on the same bus as him. Seems like it would impede him more than anything. If I were this character, I would want the person I'm framing to be somewhere else, preferably far away while I commit a crime.

Shadowfax likes this.
  5. Justin Rocket 2

Its personal for the antagonist. He wants to watch the hero burn.

6. BrianIff

BrianIff I'm so piano, a bad punctuator. Contributor

He fakes a medical emergency, flees bus, and commandeers crop-dusting aircraft.

Last edited: May 26, 2015
    Justin Rocket 2 likes this.
  7. wellthatsnice

wellthatsnice Active Member

i saw a person escape kansas once with some red slippers and a flying house...

ManOrAstroMan likes this.
  8. Jack Asher

Jack Asher Banned Contributor

Then they would probably have an alibi, and the framing wouldn't happen so good.