Goals and Dreams. What are yours?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by M9A8E6S4TO, Jan 17, 2009.

1. BatCountry

BatCountry New Member

I'm gonna be an architect.

2. Jack

Jack New Member

My Dream: To become a millionaire so that I wouldn't have to work... but for myself. Instead I would spend all my time writing up scripts (In whatever format I want) and transform them into movies.

My Goal: Earn a decent job as a graphics designer. I have a high probability that I will make it. It all depends on my marks now and where I currently stand in school (marks).

3. jwilder

jwilder New Member

I guess I'm pretty simplistic. I've already achieved my goal of owning my own business. My dream is to build it to become a successful, self-sustaining entity so that I can retire early and travel with my husband, and remain financially independent. But if that doesn't work, I'll be happy to settle for being a good wife to my husband, a good trainer to my dog, and a good mother to my kids (when they come along).

4. Gone Wishing

Gone Wishing New Member

Right now my biggest goal is to get a decent night's sleep. >_>

Once I achieve that, the world is my oyseter. :p

In all reality, I have different dreams and goals in a range of contexts. Career-wise, I guess the dream is to be published and popular enough to earn a living (and yet I study Electronic engineering....) If we're strictly sticking to the the writing aspect, my only goal with that is that I keep doing it, and - hopefully - a few people like it.

5. madhoca

madhoca Contributor Contributor

Attagirl! But try going somewhere nearer home first, perhaps. Where they have supermarkets.

6. mammamaia

mammamaia nit-picker-in-chief Contributor

having divested myself of 'self' over a dozen years ago, i no longer have any... at 70, it's a great relief and a stress-free way to live out the rest of my years, after surviving almost as many different lives as a cat in my 'old life' [most of which were significantly less than pleasurable ones]...

7. Nilfiry

Nilfiry Senior Member

My goals and dreams are to live and love. Yep. It's that simple.... :-D

8. Carmina

Carmina Contributor Contributor

I wanted to be a teacher, then had a nervous breakdown in my first position. No more teaching. Now, I don't know what I want to do career-wise. I am content as a church secretary for now.

What I really want now is a baby. My husband says we can't start trying until he gets full-time work. I grow impatient. Tick-tock!

9. madhoca

madhoca Contributor Contributor

I do hope it happens for you, Carmina. I don't want to live THROUGH my children, but they are certainly my blessing, happiness and strength. My sister waited years for the right man, then the right time, and now at 43 she can't have any. With a little planning, you'll have a baby in the not-too-distant future, I hope. I'm sure you'll be a wonderful mother.

10. Heather Louise

Heather Louise Contributor Contributor

I set goals that are too far in the future to worry about really, which means I worry about them. And mine are usually stupid ones, like best-selling author, prime-minister, the usual, Lmao !!

For now, I am aiming to do the best I can on my GCSE's, get as many A's as possible, and decided which A-levels I want to do at collage. I am terrible at making final decisions and picking subjects is proving difficult, lols.

11. JGraham

JGraham New Member

That is a question I have often pondered for many hours. The "what" is not the hard part. I want to become successful in whatever career I find, likely something in writing. I also want a family, a wife and kids. That would be the ideal future for me. But the problem with that is the "How." I don't really know where to start, and in order to pursue my dreams I first need to locate the correct path to follow.