1. Opheilia

Opheilia New Member

Wales - land of song and rugby (and sheep!)

Common Typing Mistakes you always Make...

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Opheilia, Dec 5, 2008.

Is it just me........

Do any of you make the same typing mistakes over and over, even though you have been typing for years. if so what are they

Mine is Instead of Thinking I always type thinkign, and its the same for any other word that has "NG" at the end, i always always always put them in the wrong order.

Over to you.....

Ps I did in incorrectly with both Typing in my opening statement and in my example where it is shown correctly, but went back to edit to try - poorly-to make my point.

2. tehuti88

tehuti88 New Member

I know I do make the same typing mistakes a lot, but for some reason no specific ones come to mind. But yes, it happens, especially since I type fast and have learned to backspace a lot.

3. garmar69

garmar69 Contributor Contributor

I type "becuase or becasue" almost every time. Ha! Just then when I tried to type it wrong, I did it right. :D

4. Opheilia

Opheilia New Member

I knew I couldnt be the only one LOL

5. ChimmyBear

ChimmyBear Writing for the love of it. Contributor

If I am typing and the first letter has to be capitalized, the second letter is almost always going to follow capitalized. It drives me nuts that I do this, but I've just learned to look for it. GRRRRR!!!! :)

6. JaM1221

JaM1221 New Member

I always type words twice when I'm not thinking.

Ex. ...until it reached the the Gulf, and the long twilight of the shadow was over the land.

7. NaCl

NaCl Contributor Contributor

I HATE that damn Caps Lock key! Seems like every time I reach for "Shift", i HIT 'cAPS lOCK' AND ALL MY...typing has to be corrected.

8. garmar69

oH, YEA i FORGOT THAT ONE...Dangit! :D That happens to me all the time.

9. Nilfiry

Nilfiry Senior Member

I don't really have any consistent mistakes, but one that's really close is sometimes I type so fast that I hit a key too light and it doesn't register.
    The thing about the Shift key for me is that sometimes I hold it too long and the first and second letter are capitalized, or I don't hold it long enough and the letter doesn't get capitalized.

During the typing of this entire message, I made 9 mistakes mentioned above....no wait, make that 10.

10. Wreybies

Wreybies Thrice Retired Supporter Contributor

When I lived in Florida, I had reason to type the name of the city of Palm Bay on a regular basis. It always came out as Plam Bay.

Oh, and as for the caps lock key... I don't have issue with it, but I have a tendency to hold the shift key for the first two letter instead of just the one.

11. Gone Wishing

Gone Wishing New Member

I have a couple - I almost always type quite instead of quiet and, unfortunately, with the 'i' and 'u' keys next to each other, I am forever typing good lick instead of good luck (very embarrassing during MSN conversations) :redface:

12. soujiroseta

soujiroseta Contributor Contributor

everytime i type a letter beginning with 'e' after 'the' i get 'thee mpty bin' i like to think its because my fingers can't keep up with the speed im thinking at:p

13. SonnehLee

SonnehLee Contributor Contributor

I type htat instead of that all the time. I hate it. It bugs the crud out of me.

Random fact. The reason our keyboards aren't in alphabetical order is because when they used typewriters, people would type so fast the keys would get jammed, so they mixed the letters up so people wouldn't type so fast. And when they came out with computers, people were used to the keyboard order we have now. So. That's why the keyboard is all disorganized.

14. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

Too many to list, but teh instead of the is pretty typical - left vs right hand race condition. Also, I often hit Q or CAPS LOCK along with the A key.

When I retired my previous laptop, a major reason was that my BACKSPACE key was beginning to fail due to overuse.

15. garmar69

LMAO, the letters are worn off mine. Good thing I know by heart where it is!

16. Opheilia

Opheilia New Member

yes teh, is another of mine, but didn't want to disclose too much in my first post, of fear of being a right mumpty. Glad there so many others out there, yes it just does bug the hell out of us!!

What about accidentally hitting the over right key, then looking up and realise the bit you had tried to edit has completely disappeared.

17. Little Miss Edi

Little Miss Edi New Member

If I'm on autopilot (or in the 'zone') I'll type 'and' instead of 'an' - won't even realise until I go back and read stuff.

I would always mess up: loose, lose, loss but as soon as I come to type them my brain slams on the breaks until I've had a good think about it.

18. Torana

Torana Contributor Contributor

the most common with myself is 'teh' instead of 'the' and one other really bad one is with my username. If I capitalize the 'T' 9/10 I capitalize the 'O' as well. I do it with every word that has an 'o' after the first letter that is capitalized.

19. Opheilia

Opheilia New Member

Dont know what it is, but since starting this thread Im gettign worse. Im doign all sorts of typos now.

anybody else find it very frustrating or is it me, and the lack of smokes (see other thread)

PS Im leavign my mistakes in now, as Im spending forever editing LOL

20. Mesuno

Mesuno New Member

the bane of my life is the word 'teh'

When I'm typing fast i'll do it twenty times in 5 minutes. Praise word for autocorrect!

21. Spearnymph

Spearnymph New Member

I have this thing where my 'h's jump ahead. I get "hte" far more often than "teh". And "htat". For some reason, it seems my autocorrect only works for these half the time.

22. Ashleigh

Ashleigh Contributor Contributor

In the comfort of my stubborn little mind.
    I always say looking instead of licking.

but that's another story ;) LOL

nah, and I always say thinkign too, or put an O where an E should be.

Ugh. I'm just an illiterate SWINE.

23. de la vega

de la vega New Member

I tend to insert full stops where they don't belong because I automatically tap the full stop key when I pause. So if I pause in the middle of a sentence, I have to erase the full stop.