1. trace the artist

trace the artist New Member

I am what I am...

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by trace the artist, Jan 2, 2007.

so last semester i took a class called Advanced Composition. It was supposed to prepare us for college by teaching us how to write essays. One such essay was entitled I Am What I Am. Since we have to introduce ourselves, i guess i'll introduce myself with my essay. write your own in response if you want. orrrr whatever. chyeah.

I am what I am. I am hurt and have learned to spite from it. I am betrayed and have learned to betray myself because of it. I am lied to and have learned to only speak the truth. I am a dumbass, but only when they call me out. I am a loser who’s going up in flames, and I’m laughing all the way. I am not as stupid as they make me out to be, so perhaps I’m not a loser after all.
    I am what I am. I am in true love. We are the new American classic because we put all the others to shame. I am okay when I am with him if only because he’s so perfect. I have found what some people spend a lifetime searching for. I have found the man I’m going to marry. I am sure of it.​
    I am what I am. I am loyal to a fault. I am a coward. I am a child, playful and loud. I am a teenager, confused and distant. I am a writer, attempting to spit eloquent words onto paper from between bloody lips. I am a reader, swallowing stories word-by-word. I am a musician, breathing in music notes stuck in the haze around me. I am a lover, fierce and strong. I am a listener, a wallflower, and the perks are infinite.​
    I am what I am. I am happy, even if I don’t look like it most of the time. I am different, and I love it. I refuse to be like you, because I am my own person. I refuse to have you think for me, because I have my own thoughts and opinions. I refuse to be forgotten. I refuse to be ignored. I am what I am.​

2. ariella

ariella New Member

in a home full of wonderful and loving people I ca
    Welcome to WF hope ya enjoy your stay

3. Spherical Time

Spherical Time New Member

Nice to have you here at writingforums.org, Trace! Welcome, and thank you for the introductory essay.

Congrats on your relationship.