Tags:
  1. Zachary Phoenix

Zachary Phoenix Member

Greetings, writer brethren

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Zachary Phoenix, Oct 14, 2019.

Well, I'm new. Duh.
    I'm looking forward to giving and getting critiques that will hopefully be helpful to my writing journey. Specifically, to help me through the dreaded query trenches which I find myself in.
    I write Science Fiction with heavy romantic subplots. If I do it correctly, my writing will make the reader see things from a different point of view than they are perhaps accustomed.
    Anyway, I'll probably see you in the query critiques forum. If there are other forums that are popular to post in, let me know, since my semi computer-illiterate eyes will likely have a hard time finding their way around this site... :)

Tralala likes this.
  2. jannert

jannert Retired Mod Supporter Contributor

Aha! Let me find a way to help.

I'm one of the moderators on the forum, and I want to welcome you here.

Yeah, it can be daunting at first, feeling your way in. Here are a few links that might help make it easier for you.

This one is designed specifically for new members and may address lots of questions you have. Just click on the title here: New Member Quick Start . It also details the requirements you must meet before you can post your own work here. This is to prevent fly-by memberships, where folks join up, drop their stuff here, get critiques—and are never heard from again.

The link below should help you navigate the forum. It's not a list of frequently asked questions, as the title might suggest. Instead, it's a detailed map of the forum, with links to every portion of it.
    https://www.writingforums.org/faq/

And DEFINITELY read our Forum Rules. They aren't too daunting, but may contain information you aren't aware of.

Once you're a bit more familiar with how we work, feel free to dive in and enjoy yourself. Read through the thread titles that already exist in any section that draws your attention. Your special interests might already have been covered recently. (Check the thread dates as well. It's not against the rules to re-open a very old thread, from years ago, but it's not always a popular move.)

And of course, make comments, enter into the discussions, etc. The more you post, the faster we'll get to know you. And you'll be getting to know us as well.

If you encounter any problems, feel free to contact me by starting a 'conversation' with me (click my owl avatar and follow the signs) and I'll do my best to help.

Have fun! See you around the threads.

Cheers, Jan

Last edited: Oct 14, 2019
  3. Zachary Phoenix

Zachary Phoenix Member

Thanks Jan! I'll be sure to check it all out.

Iain Aschendale and jannert like this.
  4. Tralala

Tralala Active Member

Nice to meet you.