1. Raylan

Raylan New Member

Greetings!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Raylan, Aug 7, 2018.

I'm new in town, and I haven't joined a forum since I was about fourteen, so let's see how this goes!

I've been writing off and on for about nine years now, but I've only taken it seriously for roughly three of those nine. I mostly write for tabletop games like DnD and Numenera, but I have my own projects that I'm working on, including making my own tabletop and (hopefully) writing a book one day.

My two favorite genres are Science Fiction and Fantasy, and when you mesh those together, you get a happy man. If there were a show like Star Trek that incorporated elements of Game of Thrones into it, I would be all over it.

That's it for my intro! I hope to learn a lot of things and make a few friends along the way!

Some Guy likes this.
  2. MikeyC

MikeyC Active Member

Similar genres to me - if you add in the odd horror element!!!

Welcome and good luck with your writing!

Rgds

3. Raylan

Raylan New Member

Thanks, Mikey! I love horror, as well, that's why I love Numenera so much- the world is so freaky and weird that it isn't hard to make it scary. In the one little adventure I wrote, the whole plot centered around a 6 foot tall crystal in the center of a town that held the consciousnesses of thousands of people, and their bodies were used as builders and warriors. I love that kind of stuff.