1. Acey

Acey New Member

Hallo!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Acey, Apr 6, 2017.

Hello, everyone ^^
    My name's Ace, I've literally just finished an extremely emotionally harrowing book, and I need something to fill the void. So I'm gonna try to use this site.
    I've been writing for five or so years, got six relatively developed characters that I pretty much consider to be my children, and don't get inspired very often, but I'm hoping this community will help change that.
    Anyway, I love talking about my characters so please ask me about them :love: I've been desperately trying to develop my favourite one as of late and it's a mess. Any question helps :' )

2. Stormburn

Stormburn Contributor Contributor

Welcome to the forums. I'm new myself as a writer and a forum member. These forums and the posters have been great. I really look forward to seeing your posts.
    Godspeed!

3. MelimeliDev

MelimeliDev New Member

Hi, welcome to the forum!

Writing for five years... I feel like even the new people here are so experienced already :eek:

So, who are these characters? :)

4. Acey

Acey New Member

Thank you~ @Stormburn

@MelimeliDev Hello!
    I wouldn't say I've been writing for five years straight haha. It's a delicate pattern of a year on, a year off. But I do tend to think about my writing a lot, regardless of whether I'm actually doing it ^^
    My main characters are Astor, Kahil, Kryotic, Reylin, Sasha, and Shafer.
    Don't mind the special snowflake names, I made them a long time ago and I don't have the heart to change them :' )
    They're all male because I cannot seem to come up with a good female character. Always turn out messy or boring. Or both. Somehow.

5. Soapbox

Soapbox Member

Hi Acey,

I read (The Portable MFA in Creative Writing) on how to write an interesting female character. Start with an interesting character, then change the pronouns to 'her'. Try that with a short piece, it's worked for me with male characters. I get hung up on how they should sound before thinking that characters are just people, too! Ha!

Anyway, it's good to 'meet' you. BTW, my grandfather's nickname was Ace...