1. yasmin

yasmin New Member

short story plot

Discussion in 'Plot Development' started by yasmin, Apr 20, 2008.

I'm writing a short story in the form of a monologue to be read on the radio and its a bit all over the place atm

Its about a girl who wakes up in different clothes to what she went to bed in and her thoughts about how it happened and where the other clothes are etc. eventually she starts thinking what if this is just the beginning of things- what else have I done in my sleep? etc.
    In between all that there’s flash backs to what happened before she went to bed that night. I'm thinking it may have been her prom night? Or something like that where things seem to come to some sort of a conclusion. There’s a bit about each one of her friends who each represent a deadly sin. At the end she finds the old clothes covered in blood and its supposed to be like- she represents wrath/revenge/hatred and has.. got her revenge on her 'friends'

Clearly I need help with this!! For a start do you think it would translate ok on radio?

2. chad.sims2

chad.sims2 New Member

It'd be a hard write but if you make sure to give enough hints to the 7 deadly sins background it sounds like something I'd want to hear.

3. skibird17

skibird17 New Member

Hmm..... I think it could be really interesting, but it all depends on how it's written.

You will also need a clear reason for why she's in the different clothes, and you can hint at that throughout the story. There are a few ways I can see coming from here...
    - maybe she blacked out or something before she went to sleep? that could work with the bloody clothes, like maybe she got into a fight or something
    - or you could take it in a different direction, and make her sleepwalk, and she does things in her sleep (like murder, hence the bloody clothes)...

I dunno, these are just a few suggestions, feel free to ask me about anything else..

4. Iulia

Iulia New Member

Sounds good. If you do this, you oughta have a twist ending (but be careful that you drop VERY subtle hints so the reader is like "Whoa! It totally makes sense now!" instead of "huh?") Like she herself gets murdered by Greed or something. Since she is Wrath, I think Greed may be the only match for her there, depending on how you depict her/him. I like the idea - good luck!

5. Bittersweet

Bittersweet New Member

This reminds me a lot of the film Se7en.

SPOILER ALERT HERE FOLKS!

If you haven't seen it, it features a serial killer who follows the seven deadly sins in choosing/executing his victims. At the end, he kills Brad Pitt's wife, and Brad Pitt shoots him, representing wrath.

6. nacreous

nacreous New Member

well, I should certainly hope so. now, just where can we see it?
    youre really going to have to go a bit deeper into the plot for us.
    hoping to see more,
    nacreous

7. Rumpole40k

Rumpole40k Banned

As you are designing it to be a monologue, then yea, I think it'll translate to radio just fine.

8. Gloom Kitty

Gloom Kitty Banned

in a little cage in the bowls of Cephalid
    Makes me think of something I read a little while ago called othello not the book but the manga. A spilt personailty and unable to recall what she has done when she is the other part of her personality. I'd love to hear it sounds facinating. As a monolouge I think it would turn out great. I'm curious to know how'd you go about it though