1. Lilith

Lilith New Member

hazzah. i'm a cool n00b.

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Lilith, Jul 24, 2008.

So anyway, my real name is Laura but I go by the name Lilith, pseudonym in full: Lilith W. Moore. Mostly, I write fantasy and romance of the teen viewpoint. Currently I'm working on a short novel called "Please Don't Rest Tonight." Anyway, lets see, besides writing, I love to play video games and I adore playing pep-band drums.

Also, I must say, these introduction forums always feel more like dating site profiles or something, don't they. I don't know, maybe it's just me.

Anyway, ask as many questions as you'd like. I'm up for answering them all.

2. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

Hello Laura, Welcome to the Writing Forums.

Posting your own work should not be the very first thing you do here. It is really worthwhile to see what other people have done to improve their writing, and see if some of it applies to your writing as well. That is part of why we require members to review other members' work before posting their own for review. On the other hand, there are no restrictions, other than content and copyright rules, on showcasing your work in your member blog.

If you haven't explored the site yet, you should probably do so soon. Newcomers often gravitate to the Lounge, the Word Games, or the Review Room, but there is much more to be discovered if you poke in the corners. Remember to check out our FAQ as well, and be sure to read through the forum rules, too, to avoid any misunderstandings or hurt feelings. Respect for one another is our principal mandate.

As for the Review Room, new joiners often wonder why we do things a bit differently on this site than on other writing sites. We emphasize reviewing as a critical writing skill. Training your eye by reviewing other people's work helps you improve your own writing even before you present it for others to see. Therefore, we ask members to review other people's writing before posting work of their own. The Review Room forums on this site, therefore, are true workshops, not just a bulletin board for displaying your work (and on that note, please only post each item for review in one Review Room forum). See this post, Why Write Reviews Before Posting My Work? for more information.

Enjoy your stay here, and have fun!

3. Pix

Pix New Member

Within the unlimited potential of my own mind
    Welcome :)

4. Crimson Threnody

Crimson Threnody New Member

Welcome aboard, Laura. Pleasure to meet you and I hope you find us not too crazy for your tastes. :)

5. britishcleo

britishcleo New Member

Hey Lillith,
    I was totally first bass in my marching band. (We played pep rallys, does that count?)

I look forward to your writing!
    Welcome.

6. SilentJane

SilentJane New Member

Hi Lillith,

I am also a newbie, and it is nice to meet you! Also, I am in a band, its marching band. I'm not sure if you are just in band or just in the pep band. I play both, however I don't play drums.... I would mess everyone up..lol. I play flute, and like I said before it is nice to meet you!

7. inkslinger

inkslinger Active Member

Awesome! We can be cool n00bs together. :cool:

8. Firearris

Firearris New Member

Hi Lillith! Are you from YWS by any chance?

9. Cheeno

Cheeno Member

Greetings! I used to be a Newbie:( but I'm alright now:) Look forward to reading and reviewing your work.

10. Lilith

Lilith New Member

To Firearris, yes I am from YWS and I happen to go by Lilith there too.

Oh, and about all the pep band marching band thing. I actually play pep band, marching band, AND concert band. We have a small school and not enough students to spare.

11. Firearris

Firearris New Member

Lol, there are a lot of us coming here. :p

12. SilentJane

SilentJane New Member

Same here, however I may sit this year's concert season out. Our teacher is a little strange and when it comes to concert band there is no seriousness into it and it is just a big snoozefest. Unless you are one of his "special" students who can run around doing whatever whenever. But I am glad to find that I am not the only Marching band noob here. Go Band kids! :)

13. Magnificent Ego

Magnificent Ego New Member

Hi Laura--

No such thing as a cool n00b, my friend. You can be a cool newb or a cool noob, but cool n00b is a complete oxymoron. Think on it. Makes sense in the right context.

--ME

14. Risen Glory

Risen Glory New Member

LOL at above post.

Hey Laura... that name is beginning to be too common on this forum.
    I'm a semi-noob, so if you need help, which I doubt because you're from YSW or whatever that is, a brother-noob can aide thee.

Hope you enjoy your stay here!

p.s. I did band two years ago and then quit because it was simply too boring. :/
    I still play piano and guitar, though. Hope they are noob-like enough...

15. Lilith

Lilith New Member

Hey, to Magnificent Ego, i was sorta going for the oxymoron aproach. I'm not even really a newb, I'm an experianced writing site conasure. (who happens to have bad spelling so if I screwed up some letters, ignore it.)

16. Lilith

Lilith New Member

Hey, to Magnificent Ego, i was sorta going for the oxymoron aproach. I'm not even really a newb, I'm an experianced writing site conasure. (who happens to have bad spelling so if I screwed up some words, ignore it.)

17. Oasis Writer

Oasis Writer Contributor Contributor

Welcome :)

18. Rumpole40k

Rumpole40k Banned

[​IMG]