1. Caterwaulings

Caterwaulings Member

Salutations!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Caterwaulings, Feb 21, 2016.

Hello everyone! I'm glad to be here.

I have been writing for a very long time. I was agented by a 'big name' agent for six years but since she never seemed to love anything I wrote after the book she signed me with (which did not sell), I finally split from her a few months ago. I was writing YA at that time, but now want to write adult novels and self-publish. I write fantasy primarily, and also historical and sci fi.

I hope to get to know more writers. I'm a new (foster) mama and have a one month old. He takes up a lot of my time, but my supportive husband makes sure I have time to write. I think it'll be great to have a new writing community to interact with since I am leaving SCBWI.

I am getting into the dictation groove because I'm holding the little one so much and it's working well for me so far. I'm also a Scrivener expert of a sort, and have coached and taught the software. I wonder if there is a place I could help people with their questions about it?

I hope that I can be helpful to all of you, and look forward to your input in my work as well.

Thanks!

datahound2u likes this.
  2. datahound2u

datahound2u Member

Hi, @Caterwaulings! Congratulations to you and your hubby on your new little bundle of joy! I imagine that nowadays, any quiet time you find to actually write will be most welcome.

I'm thrilled to have a Scrivener expert in the forum! There's actually an ongoing article for Scrivener. I'm sure you could be most useful in there.

I look forward to reading some of your work sometime!

3. Caterwaulings

Caterwaulings Member

Ooh, thanks!! I really want to be helpful here if I can. Let me know if you have any questions :) I want to do a new course on Scrivener but I have to figure out what I am and am not allowed to create since I created a for-pay course for another website... I will, however, probably be starting to blog about Scrivener again.

4. datahound2u

datahound2u Member

When you get your Scrivener blog going, I'd love to know! I'm a HUGE Scriv fan!! I consider it the bestest writing software EVER!!!

I was on the Scriv site today and it seems that Keith is done with the IOS version and will proceed to beta testing in the near future. I've been waiting and waiting for the IOS version to come out!!

5. Caterwaulings

Caterwaulings Member

I will be sure to let you know. I'm switching to a pen name so I have been waiting to start blogging again. My new website isn't up and running yet.

!!!!! That's so exciting. I had started to give up hope!

6. datahound2u

datahound2u Member

I've been working on four websites for the last year or so: one for my wife, one for my mother, and two for me. However, the only one that's currently up is my mother's, and I'm not all that pleased with it. I hope to have my wife's and one of mine up and running by Easter Sunday.

7. Caterwaulings

Caterwaulings Member

Oh, wow! I am hoping to have mine up next weekend. Since we have the new baby, my husband has been too busy/distracted to install wordpress on it... That's so cool that you made a website for your mother, and that she is savvy enough to work with one. I'm sure you'll make it amazing before too long.

Do you use Wordpress?

8. datahound2u

datahound2u Member

Yes, I use Wordpress. I'm still trying to find my "perfect" theme. My theme needs to be responsive and fully accessible to folks with disabilities, yet do everything I want it to do! :rofl:

9. Caterwaulings

Caterwaulings Member

Yikes, that's tough! I hope you can find it.

I really like the layout of my other website. I might copy the theme again and just change the colors...

datahound2u likes this.