1. Saeyen

Saeyen New Member

Hello everyone.

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Saeyen, Aug 3, 2014.

So I decided to write a quick introduction and say hello to everyone. I've read the new member guide already and spent the last day wandering around the site which looks really nice. A few years ago I was an avid writer and used other sites that allowed for critique etc which were always extremely useful. Recently I've decided to go back to university and now that I'm no longer working a million hours a week as with my old job I've found time to start writing again.

I used to write a lot of poetry and short stories, often fantasy themed but have always wanted to go into a full novel. I did start once and was posting chapter by chapter on an old forum with some success but never finished the work and looking back now it seemed pretty awful to what I feel I could write now. Point is, I've decided to invest my free time into writing again and want to focus on a new novel series that has been running around in my head for a while now. I'll likely post random things in relation to it as I'm researching ideas or working on certain specific points but mostly I'd like to just get involved in another writing community again.

So once again, hello everyone, nice to be a member and I look forward to my time here.

2. minstrel

minstrel Leader of the Insquirrelgency Supporter Contributor

Hi, @Saeyen, and welcome to the forum! This is where I'd normally tell you to read the new member guide, but you've already done that, making my job that much easier. :)

Sounds to me like you've come to the right forum. Participate and enjoy!

3. Nisa Hawkins

Nisa Hawkins New Member

Welcome!
    I look forward to read your stories! I like fantasy stories! Maybe we could write a short story together a day!

4. Zelg

Zelg New Member

Welcome to the forum, Saeyen.

I hope you enjoy your stay. :)

5. SocksFox

SocksFox Contributor Contributor Contest Winner 2023

Welcome to the boards. Since you mentioned doing poetry and short stories, check out the bi-weekly contests. They are a great way to get ideas moving.

-Darkkin, the Tedious

thirdwind likes this.
  6. Saeyen

Saeyen New Member

Thanks everyone and I'll definitely look into those.