1. Sgt_Awkward

Sgt_Awkward New Member

Hello everyone

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Sgt_Awkward, Feb 9, 2015.

Hi, I'm Seth.

I'm 20 years old and in my first year of studying Psychology at University.

I'm not exactly new to writing… That is, I've been writing stories for as long as I can remember. In the past year or so (in a year out between A-levels and university), I've written the first draft of a fantasy novel, as well as about half - 3/4 of the next in the series, and about 40,000 words of another couple of projects.

My main struggles at the moment are finding the ever elusive 'Time' and 'Motivation' I need in order to write / edit. As you can probably imagine, managing university work, trying to find a part-time job, writing and general life isn't easy.

Another problem I have, which I'm attempting to get rid of, is my ever-increasing anxiety over sharing my ideas, work, or even offering critique and general opinions on the work of others. I'm hoping that by spending time here, I can get over my anxieties and find some kind of direction to take my work in beyond its current status gathering dust and cobwebs on my computer…

This is my first time posting in a forum, so… I'll just leave this here.

2. Komposten

Komposten Insanitary pile of rotten fruit Contributor

Welcome, Seth!
    To get the hang of how things work around here you should take a look at the New Member Guide. After that it's time to loose yourself in the depth of the forums!

Also, you don't find time to write. You make time. ;)

Have fun!

3. Gigi_GNR

Gigi_GNR Guys, come on. WAFFLE-O. Contributor

Welcome.