1. Brian Edwards

Brian Edwards New Member

Hello everyone!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Brian Edwards, Feb 4, 2021.

Hi Everyone,

I am a complete novice at creative writing. I don't think I've written anything in my adult life, other than when I studied for my physics degree. Creative writing is definitely new to me.

I have recently started reading fiction. This is also something that I haven't done for at least 25 years. I can't believe what I have been missing out on! It's really inspired me to write something (a novel perhaps) for myself. I've started writing bits, and have a storyline put together. The more involved I get, the more questions I start to ask. Google is handy for finding tips and tricks but for more specific questions, I thought I would see if there are any writing forums and here I am.

I'm looking forward to trawling through some of your posts and getting involved with your online community.

Regards

Brian

Lifeline and EFMingo like this.
  2. TWErvin2

TWErvin2 Contributor Contributor

Hey Brian,

Everyone who takes up creative writing was new to it once.

Glad you decided to join us here.

Terry

Brian Edwards likes this.
  3. Lifeline

Lifeline South. Supporter Contributor

Welcome to the club!

I'll leave you with a quote, apt for writing :)

"A master is someone who has made more mistakes than you, has made mistakes you haven't made yet, and has learned how to embrace them—thus learning to see them coming before they happen. So you go towards mastery one mistake at a time. How many mistakes can you stand? As many as it takes to be a master. The master has persevered past the errors until he's made all of them."
    [William Cumpiano, master luthier]

Brian Edwards likes this.