Tags:
  1. horror_novelist

horror_novelist New Member

Hello I'm new

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by horror_novelist, Aug 22, 2008.

Hi my name is Samantha E. Cox. I am an avid writer of horror fiction. At the moment I am working on a novella caled 'Harlequin' and have posted the first chapter up in Horror. I have also written a couple of short stories that I would like to start submitting t places, but first I need some helpful advice ad mayb some positive criticsm. Iv also poasted my completed short story - Satan's Child and what I have so far on You've got Mail. Both Dark Fiction.
    I'm a single mother of two beautiful girls Libby and Lacey who I love to pieces and one day hope to have my work published somewhere I can show them and have them be proud of me.
    So thats me. Oh my very best friend Daniel I. Russell is doing very well with his books. Weirdly 2: Elderich is a number one best seller at wcp andthey only have to sel 35 more copies before it goes to print. Well done him!! I'm sooooo jealous

2. DontThinkJustWRITE

DontThinkJustWRITE New Member

Hey Samantha! Welcome to the forums! That's great that you are so interested in writing; I hope you make it since you have that much enthusiasm! Just a warning-before you post your own work, you have to review two different peoples' pieces first, so you may want to take your submission off first, go review some people, then put it up. Just a suggestion. Also, go read the newbie information to learn more about the forum. Welcome and good luck! Can't wait to read your work!

3. Last1Left

Last1Left Active Member

Welcome. I hope you like it here. You might want to check the review policies though, because they're pretty stringent about posting your work here without reviewing first (and for good reason).

4. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

Hello Samantha, Welcome to the Writing Forums.

Posting your own work should not be the very first thing you do here. It is really worthwhile to see what other people have done to improve their writing, and see if some of it applies to your writing as well. That is part of why we require members to review other members' work before posting their own for review. On the other hand, there are no restrictions, other than content and copyright rules, on showcasing your work in your member blog.

If you haven't explored the site yet, you should probably do so soon. Newcomers often gravitate to the Lounge, the Word Games, or the Review Room, but there is much more to be discovered if you poke in the corners. Remember to check out our FAQ as well, and be sure to read through the forum rules, too, to avoid any misunderstandings or hurt feelings. Respect for one another is our principal mandate.

As for the Review Room, new joiners often wonder why we do things a bit differently on this site than on other writing sites. We emphasize reviewing as a critical writing skill. Training your eye by reviewing other people's work helps you improve your own writing even before you present it for others to see. Therefore, we ask members to review other people's writing before posting work of their own. The Review Room forums on this site, therefore, are true workshops, not just a bulletin board for displaying your work (and on that note, please only post each item for review in one Review Room forum). See this post, Why Write Reviews Before Posting My Work? for more information.

And while you're looking around, don't forget to check out our Weekly Short Story Contest and Weekly Poetry Contest. They actually run more than one week apiece, but any member may enter, and all members are urged to vote for their favorites.

Enjoy your stay here, and have fun!

5. Daisy

Daisy New Member

Welcome Samantha,
    Looking forward to seeing you round the place. :)

6. Rumpole40k

Rumpole40k Banned

[​IMG]