1. Mason C.

Mason C. New Member

Hello! Literally just joined. Really new to this...

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Mason C., Jun 3, 2017.

Hello all!

My name is Mason and I, like many of you, am a writer. I'm not great for introductions, but I'll do my best.

I've been writing on and off for many years. Everything from little story scraps from my childhood, to fanfiction all throughout my grade school years, to an attempted light novel in my high school days (really only got a proof of concept out of it). As I got older, I started to slowly realize that I had this talent for writing that I didn't have with any of my other hobbies, such as playing instruments or making art.

After who knows how many phases and a mercurial approach to finding things to do with my life, I finally stumbled across William S. Burroughs when I was 18. And from there on out, I've been convinced that I'm a writer at heart, regardless of everything and anything else I choose to do.

My favorite stuff to write usually falls into three categories: autobiographical, science fiction, and poetry. I like to experiment and try writing in any kind of genres or styles I typically wouldn't be drawn to, but I'm mostly within those three genres. All of my short stories are permeated, I think, with a kind of black humor, which is more than fitting given my sense of humor. I love to write stories about people in unfortunate or unusual situations and the strange ways they either falter or persist through whatever they're put through.

Favorite writers include Charles Bukowski, Harlan Ellison, Harvey Pekar, Franz Kafka, H.P. Lovecraft, Robert E. Howard, William S. Burroughs, Thomas Pynchon, and Hunter S. Thompson.

I'm here to get to know other writers and get some help in keeping myself motivated while also helping refine my craft (aside from, of course, practicing and reading and practicing more).

See you all out on the forums!

2. Sigma Zed

Sigma Zed Active Member

Hello!

3. Pinkymcfiddle

Pinkymcfiddle Banned

Hi Mason. Have you ever heard of the naked chef? Well, I thought I would try it with writing. As I speak to you now, I am as naked as the day is long, my cock is resting his head on the cushion of my bollox. I find it incredibly helpful to feel the breeze betwixt my nipples. Let me know how you get on.

tatterjack and Cave Troll like this.
  4. tatterjack

tatterjack Member

Hi Mason, Welcome. I'm fairly new too and hoping not everyone is as informative as Pinky.

Pinkymcfiddle likes this.
  5. Arktaurous34

Arktaurous34 Active Member

Greetings @Mason C. Poetry is awesome! Hope I get to offer some constructive feedback. Best wishes :superhello:

6. Cave Troll

Cave Troll It's Coffee O'clock everywhere. Contributor

Where cushions are comfy, and straps hold firm.
    Greetings, welcome, and salutations to the Forum, sir. :superhello:

There is many a lovely individual here, and a few mad apples:supergrin:
    that can certainly be helpful along the way.

Good luck with your works, and C-ya around the Forum.:supersmile:

WritingTortureFun.jpg :supergrin:

7. Cobra3010

Cobra3010 Member

Enjoy!
    Welcome lad!