?

Which of the following titles do you find most enticing? (Nonfiction self-help)

Poll closed Jul 2, 2017.
  1. Make Your Own Miracles: Stop Asking, Stop Waiting, Start Creating

75.0%
  2. The Making of a Miracle Mind: A Revolutionary Way of Creating the Life that You Want

25.0%
  3. The Miracle Mind: Creating under the Influence of Oneness

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Wendybird

Wendybird Member

Hello. So glad to find this site.

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Wendybird, Jun 27, 2017.

Hi! I am working on my second nonfiction book. It is currently being edited. I hope to launch it in the next month. It is a self-help book, more specifically, New Age thought. It deals with becoming the master creator of your own life experiences. I would love to share the name of the book but, as of yet, I don't have one. I keep playing around with words and not coming up with anything that I love.

Now that I have found this site, I hope to become an active member, especially in the genre of nonfiction.

Thanks for reading this post!

2. Cave Troll

Cave Troll It's Coffee O'clock everywhere. Contributor

Where cushions are comfy, and straps hold firm.
    Salutations to the forum. sirette. :superhello:

Off to change the world?

Good luck with your works and I will C-ya around. :supersmile:
    Typing Horse.gif

Wendybird likes this.
  3. JLT

JLT Contributor Contributor

You've probably noticed by now that the site is heavily oriented towards fiction, fantasy, and poetry rather than non-fiction. But we non-fiction writers are here, and we'll be happy to help you out.

Wendybird likes this.
  4. Wendybird

Wendybird Member

Thanks JLT! Every writing forum on the internet seems to be oriented toward fiction. Makes me wish I were a fiction writer. :)

5. Jonslongs Johnson

Jonslongs Johnson New Member

Good luck. I like non fiction too. Much more than fiction even.

I'm mostly interested in political or economic theory tho lol, haven't read self help since my teen days. But if you'd like suggestions or some unprofessional insights I'd be glad to assist :) .

6. Wendybird

Wendybird Member

Thank-you! I may take you up on that. I see you like fantasy. Me too. Seems like I am drawn to magic realism more and more these days. Have you ever considered writing political or finance articles? Books?

7. Vianca

Vianca Active Member

Welcome :)

Wendybird likes this.
  8. Rosacrvx

Rosacrvx Contributor Contributor

Hello, welcome!

I voted for your title. I know what's the concept behind the idea and I've read a lot about it. Honestly, I don't buy it. Nevertheless, as far as the title goes, the first option is more appealing to me.

Good luck with your work! :)

Wendybird likes this.
  9. Charles Gull

Charles Gull Active Member

Welcome to the forum.

I wrote a lot of academic non-fiction in the past (have moved on to fiction only recently).

My advice is don't sweat the title at all. Think of it like a research paper. Get your message down in a coherent form. Then work out an abstract and finally condense that into a title. It is amazing how often I have seen the 'mission' of a non-fiction piece change totally as it is being written. The act of writing forces the mind to understand the message better. You may very well come to a point like an epiphany where you say to yourself 'Hey, this isn't actually about proto-human social development in the Pleistocene. It's actually about a really fantastic recipe for strawberry jam!'.

Trust me, it is a good thing when that happens.

Once you get to that point the title often comes naturally.

Wendybird likes this.
  10. Wendybird

Wendybird Member

Hey Charles! Thanks for the insight. You are right, this book did change from my original aim. But now it is finished and with the editor. I will be publishing it to Kindle in a couple of weeks. I have read some marketing suggestions for wording your title to help sales, but I just can't seem to find one that ticks off all the boxes. *sigh* I have came up with some new titles even since I have posted this poll. I am praying to the literary gods for some quick inspiration. Wish me luck! :)

11. Wendybird

Wendybird Member

Thanks for your input!

12. Freethesea

Freethesea Member

Aren't there support groups here? Book launching buds? Tit for tatters? I'll join your launch windybird!

13. Freethesea

Freethesea Member

Just tell me how.

14. Freethesea

Freethesea Member

Whoops. The post was 8 months ago. That's okay. I'm still buying the book.

15. Wendybird

Wendybird Member

Hola Freethesea! Eres realmente de Ecuador? He estado alli. Me encanto'! In regards to my book, it will be on Amazon in two more weeks. The title is The Making of a Miracle Mind: Awaken Your Spiritual Genius. Thank-you for showing an interest in my book! You are very kind! What kind of writing do you do? Muchos saludos!

Freethesea likes this.
  16. Freethesea

Freethesea Member

Yes, I'm really in Ecuador. I've lived in the Andes but now I'm on the beach. Lot's warmer. Thanks for the Spanish. Muy amable!
    Hey, congratulations on your new book! I did read your post correctly the first time. If you have a launch group feel welcome to add me to it for a review. Let me know the exact BOOM date.

I write fiction. YA is without a feather of doubt, my one true love. I'm finishing up a novel but it won't be ready for the red button for a couple of months.

17. Wendybird

Wendybird Member

I am afraid I don't have a launch group. I never even heard of the term before now. But I will let you know when the book comes out and the dates I run it for free on Amazon. I have a few ideas for drumming up some reviews. Wish me luck! If you have a launch group, please add me to it. We can lend each other support.

What beach town are you in? I spent one of the best weekends of my life in Jambeli (near Machala). From there I traveled by bus up to Manta before returning to Cuenca. It was quite the adventure. By the way, are you from Ecuador or someplace else? Your English is really, really good!

Freethesea likes this.
  18. Freethesea

Freethesea Member

I'm probably using and incorrect term...But a launch group it's a group of folks who you have arranged to be there for your big day. They have hopefully agreed to download or buy your book within a certain period of time and leave a review.

Yes! Let me know when your launch happens and I will be happy to do both for you. I will also add you to my group when my 'launch' is ready. Thanks for the offer!

I'm from the US and Spanish is a second language for me. It's so funny you should mention Jambeli! Such a small world... I'm in the Santa Elena province and we have a Jambeli here as well. Small fishing village where I get very fresh pescado every week. Right off the boat. I'm about 4 hours from Manta driving the around the peninsula toward Salinas. Love Cuenca. Not big on Manta.

Ecuador has some amazing adventures to be had. That's for sure. So interesting that you've been to my llama land. And that you're ready to launch a book. We have some things in common.

19. Wendybird

Wendybird Member

Wow, two Jambelis and fairly close to each other too. I'm not big on Manta either...kind of depressing for being on the beach. You know I never made it to Salinas and looking at the map now, I'm wondering how I missed it. I guess the bus I took did not follow the coastline. Hmm. Anyway, what made you decide to move to Ecuador and are you glad you did? I think I could be happy living there for little while.

Okay launch buddy, stay in touch.

20. Freethesea

Freethesea Member

There's never a dull moment. Except on the beach at sunset but I suffer through it. I've been in and around Ecuador for many years, so yes, I like it. I'll move this to messaging since this may dive into personal stuff that's not so interesting to the masses. Ciao launch buddy. I like the way that sounds!