1. D.R. Garland

D.R. Garland New Member

Hello to all.

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by D.R. Garland, Oct 26, 2019.

Hello,
    I'm Dave and I am new to this forum. I have had a wonderful time reading the works, and comments of the wonderful and talented members here. I am fairly new to writing to writing myself, and view this as a wonderful place to learn. Thank y'all and have a wonderful day.

Tralala likes this.
  2. Tralala

Tralala Active Member

Hello, Dave.
    Wonderful and talented members?
    You must mean me! :supercheeky:

3. Tralala

Tralala Active Member

What kind of things do you write?

4. jannert

jannert Retired Mod Supporter Contributor

Hi Dave! I want to echo @Tralala 's question. What kinds of things are you writing or wanting to write?

I'm one of the forum moderators here, and I want to welcome you to the forum. I'm glad you already seem to be enjoying yourself. There is a lot going on here, and hopefully you'll find what you need to inspire you to write yourself, as well as answers to questions you might have. We range from total beginners to traditionally published authors on this forum, so there is a range of experience to draw upon.

Anyway, as you're finding your feet, I recommend that you read these two links:

New Member Quick Start

Forum Rules

They will give you more insight into the philosophy of our forum and how it is run. They will help keep you on track as you get started.

This is also a useful link. It's a forum map, giving you quick and easy access to all the areas of the forum. I use it all the time to get from one place to another.

https://www.writingforums.org/faq/

If you encounter any problems or have any questions getting started, feel free to contact me via a 'conversation' and I'll do my best to help.

Meantime, I'll see you around the threads? Do have fun. :)

Cheers, Jan

Tralala likes this.
  5. JLT

JLT Contributor Contributor

Welcome to the forum! I, too, would like to know where your writing leads you. There seems to be a place for everybody, even in non-fiction.

Tralala likes this.