1. DeadChannel

DeadChannel New Member

Hello World

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by DeadChannel, Mar 6, 2015.

Hey everyone. My name's DeadChannel. I'm an aspiring film director/screenwriter from British Columbia, Canada...

I've got a couple of screenplays in the works, as well as some film analyses and a short story. I might post a piece I did on Melville's "Le Sammourai" later, although it needs a bit of cleaning up.

Honestly, most of my life revolves around film, music and literature. I'm a fan of directors like David Lynch, Jim Jarmusch, Luis Bunel, Andrei Tarkovsky, Stanley Kubrick, Akira Kurosawa, Sergio Corbucci, Francois Truffaut, Paul Thomas Anderson etc.

I listen to a lot of really bizarre music, like Zs, Death Grips, Clipping, Butthole Surfers, Swans, Godspeed You! Black Emperor etc.

Then there's literature. My favourite novel is Gravity's Rainbow by Thomas Pynchon. I'm also a fan of, like, William Gibson, Virginia Woolf, George Orwell, James Clavell, James Joyce, Arthur C. Clarke, Isaac Asimov, among others. Right now, I'm about 300 pages into Infinite Jest, which is really great.

I'm not as well read as I'd like to be, but I'm trying to set aside more time every day for literature.

I know I name dropped a lot of things in this post, but that seemed like the way to go...

2. Komposten

Komposten Insanitary pile of rotten fruit Contributor

Welcome, DeadChannel!

Since you just arrived I suggest you take a look at our New Member Guide. It will get you started with the forum rules and other important stuff.

Have fun!

3. DeadChannel

DeadChannel New Member

Thanks for the warm welcome, I'll make sure to check that guide out.

4. KaitysDad

KaitysDad Member

Hello and Welcome. The guide was very helpful for a new person like myself and I also enjoy reading all the feedback under the workshop.

5. Gigi_GNR

Gigi_GNR Guys, come on. WAFFLE-O. Contributor

Welcome.