1. L.RedPanda

L.RedPanda New Member

Hello you all

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by L.RedPanda, Oct 25, 2016.

Hi, I'm RedPanda, I'm Brazilian and, sad but true, my English is not that good :/ I learned by myself so I should be glad to know how to read and listen well, unfortunately my writhing is not good.
    So I had an idea, because I love create storys and read, I thought I'd enter this forum and make friends, write storys and learn to write properly in English. :3

And I didn't find any good forum in Portuguese for writers..... :(

So, I'll start slowly, commenting here and there, until I be a little more confident with my skills.

I think that's all, I'm happy to meet everyone!

2. Lyrical

Lyrical Frumious Bandersnatch

Hi RedPanda! I am Brasileira too! Although I was mostly raised in the USA, but I go back almost every year to visit my family. What part of Brasil are you from? I am Paulista :friend:

3. L.RedPanda

L.RedPanda New Member

Thank you Carly and Lyrical, glad to be welcome.:supersmile:

Carly, I think you right about the authenticity of her stories, maybe she didn't want to be different, so she was doing that. I don't know if I have a regional flavor, because I grew up surround by the influences of North American and other countries, but if I and up having, I not going to strip my stories because of that. ^-^

OMG, I don't believe I already find a brazilian :friend:We're everywhere!!! hahahahaha :cheerleader:
    I'm Alagoana, nordeste. I little far from São Paulo, but it's ok, almost everyone that a met from here live in São Paulo or Rio. ;l

4. Cave Troll

Cave Troll It's Coffee O'clock everywhere. Contributor

Where cushions are comfy, and straps hold firm.
    I speak American (AKA Bad English or Improper English).:supergrin:

Welcome to the forum, have fun and don't get lost (Tour Guide has been missing since the last tour).:superlaugh:

Good Luck with your works and C-ya around the forum.
    DeadpoolandGIRTacos.jpg :superlaugh:

5. Rosacrvx

Rosacrvx Contributor Contributor

Isn't that a fact! I'm thinking of creating one if there's enough people interested. There are conventions in Portuguese writing the same way there are conventions in English writing that simply don't match. The same way, as you must be aware, there are also different conventions that separate Brazilian and European Portuguese. Take Saramago and Amado, for instance.
    I haven't been here long but so far I can tell that if your goal is to improve your story writing in English you're in a good place.

Welcome! :)