1. Emma Vale

Emma Vale New Member

Hello you! Yeah, you! *waves*

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Emma Vale, May 31, 2017.

I'm Emma Vale! I should probably be writing this later, but I'm being silly and writing it wayyyy to late my time. I'm a girl who likes to write fantasy, YA, and light romance. :) I have a manuscript that's almost complete and I'm here to get advise and give what little I have.

I love to watch everything on BBC which includes Sherlock, Doctor Who, and Gilmore Girls (it's not BBC but shhhhh I can't think of another popular show, it's late). My guilty pleasure is watching Dan and Phil videos. I have the cutest cat in the world. She's seriously my baby/sister/friend all in one. I'm often off in my own world, but it's so darn entertaining up there. :p Anyhow, if you'd like to learn more about me, check out my profile page, it has a bit more info.

So yeah, HI! I hope to see you around!!

Off to sleep. *zzzzzzzzz* --EV :love:

2. Cave Troll

Cave Troll It's Coffee O'clock everywhere. Contributor

Where cushions are comfy, and straps hold firm.
    Greetings, welcome and salutations to the Forum, sirette. :superhello:

I don't watch television, but to each their own.

Good Luck with your works, and I will C-ya around the forum. :supersmile:
    bang-head-on-keyboard.gif~c200.gif

3. Fernando.C

Fernando.C Contributor Contributor

Hi @Emma Vale and welcome to the forum :D, it's a pretty great place. Also it's always nice to meet a fellow cat person, seriously I can write a whole essay on how much I love cats, I grew up having cats around me all the time, they're the best.

4. TheDankTank

TheDankTank Member

Welcome aboard. Watch your step though, the floor can be slippery when wet.

5. minstrel

minstrel Leader of the Insquirrelgency Supporter Contributor

Darn it, DankTank, we told you to mop up after yourself! :eek: :D

TheDankTank likes this.
  6. TheDankTank

TheDankTank Member

Okay, yeah, my tears are making a mess. We get it. :(

7. Arktaurous34

Arktaurous34 Active Member

Greetings @Emma Vale :superhello:
    Cats are the devil So glad you love and enjoy the presence of your cat. I'm more of a dog person myself but I have a fondness for animals in general except cats. Best wishes :D

8. rktho

rktho Contributor Contributor

Emma Vale... Sounds like a fantasy name. Cool. What if you wrote under a psuedonym and made yourself the main character? Your readers wouldn't suspect a thing! XD

9. rktho

Don't let @Dr.Meow hear that.

Arktaurous34 and Dr.Meow like this.
  10. rktho

Also, @Simpson17866 and I are Whovians. He's into Classic Who and I'm into NuWho, although I'm pretty sure we like both versions. (Genesis of the Daleks is my favorite classic serial, especially before viewing The Magician's Apprentice/The Witch's Familiar, although I'm confused as to why they have blacks on Skaro. Aren't the defining characteristics of the humanoid Kaleds that they're white with black hair, and the Thals are white with blond hair? Wouldn't a black Kaled be considered a muto? I mean, there's not much room for variation or you can't tell the two races apart, now, can you? Kaleds = dark haired and Thals = blond haired, both obsessed with racial purity, and I have a hard time believing they'd allow a black member of their species to be a soldier since they're racists to their own kind as well as each other.) I believe @Commandante Lemming watches it too, or at least his character Nina does.

Last edited: May 31, 2017
  11. Emma Vale

Emma Vale New Member

Yay! Hi there! So nice to meet you all!

@Cave Troll -- I don't watch much of the typical sort of television. I didn't really grow up with it, so I relate to the not watching it. You get a lot more done without it, I know. :p Yet I've gotten sucked into a few shows.
    @Fernando.C -- Hello fellow cat lover! Aren't our feline friends just le best! :-D What's your favorite breed? I am the proud owner of a Ragdoll-Maine Coon mix. She's really chill, loves cuddles, and talks all the time. lol She's crazy but I love her.
    @TheDankTank -- Well then, I shall watch my step. *jumps over puddle*
    @Arktaurous34 --Lol! I respect those who don't favor our feline friends (meanwhile I'm scratching you off my friend list). I love all animals, including dogs (especially big dogs or cute puppers)! Cats are just my preference.
    @rktho --Lol, Emma Vale is my pen name! My real name is complicated and not so nearly as memorable. I'm really glad you like it tho, VALIDATION. Also, I'm really into Nuwho myself. I'm a big fan of the Tennant and Matt Smith era. Not really a 8 or 9 season girl. But it sounds like you're an avid theory maker! To say I love the show a lot would be a gross understatement.

Thanks for saying hello! I've got to rush offline now, but I'll talk later!!

Arktaurous34 and Cave Troll like this.
  12. Dr.Meow

Dr.Meow Contributor Contributor

Welcome to the forum, Emma! There's a lot to learn on here, and inspiration can also be found as well.
    Oh, I think I've heard, or rather read it now... : points to signature:

[​IMG]
    Got my eyes on you meow, mister cat hater. :bigtongue:

Arktaurous34 and Fernando.C like this.
  13. Simpson17866

Simpson17866 Contributor Contributor

@Emma Vale Welcome to the site!

@rktho ... I'm actually more Nu Who than Classic.

Couple of years behind, mind you (I've seen the first four or five Capaldi episodes), but I've only watched one story from each of the first five Doctors – The Aztecs, Tomb of the Cybermen, Spearhead from Space, Pyramids of Mars, and Caves of Androzani – and a few clips here and there ("No, Doctor, I'm the doctor!" :D )

14. rktho

I would have figured with Roger Delgado's Master for your profile picture, you were more into the classic series.

Simpson17866 likes this.
  15. Simpson17866

Simpson17866 Contributor Contributor

That's just something I read about, not something I watched. I have read a lot about Classic, and I picked an image from Classic instead of from Nu because I didn't know about any scenes from Nu where a character was famous for reading something. Roger Delgado was famous for reading War of the Worlds in that one scene ;)

rktho likes this.
  16. Fernando.C

I'm not too knowledgeable about different breeds of cats but my favorite is the Persian cat, it's just the long fur, so fluffy.

17. rktho

I'm sure there's something. The ones that come to mind though are ones where the Doctor tosses the book aside for being silly. Or when Nine speedreads an entire book in two seconds and says "Sad ending." I dunno, maybe you should Google it.

Simpson17866 likes this.
  18. Partridge

Partridge Senior Member

Light Romance - not heard of that genre before - how would you describe it Emma?

19. TheDankTank

TheDankTank Member

It's like romance, but it weighs less.

Emma Vale likes this.
  20. Emma Vale

Emma Vale New Member

@Partridge -- Hiya! Light Romance isn't really a genre, it's one of my own terms. A "light romance" to me is a love story that isn't too steamy and doesn't leave you with a depressed vibe. It would be something like a nice Pride and Prejudice retelling or a book about a woman in a small English village accidently finding love in the most peculiar way. They're fun and leave you happy. :-D
    @Fernando.C -- I love long haired kitties. Their is something about them, maybe the fact that they're little walking balls of comforting fuzz?

Thanks for the welcome the rest of you! This looks like an amazing place to be!

21. Fernando.C

That's what it is, 'little walking balls of comforting fuzz', couldn't have said it better myself :D

22. Emma Vale

Emma Vale New Member

Aww! Thanks. :D

23. Partridge

Partridge Senior Member

Gotcha. More Lady and The Tramp than Lady Chatterley's Lover then.