Tags:
  1. Novelist_Wannabe

Novelist_Wannabe New Member

Hello

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Novelist_Wannabe, May 21, 2017.

I have joined this forum because I am looking to try my hand at writing fiction. The genres that I'm most interested in are post-apocalyptic dystopian fiction, however I'm also curious about writing science-fiction in general, as well as crime fiction.

I have lived in 5 countries and would to draw on my experiences of different cultures to create settings and characters for my writing. I speak fluent Thai and Japanese (and bits and pieces of 2-3 other languages), however English is definitely my strongest language, I work teaching it professionally, and also have some writing experience (blogs, thesis) so I think I have some degree of a base to build from. However these are separate areas from fiction writing, which is why I am looking to get guidance from people on this forum.

2. Stormburn

Stormburn Contributor Contributor

Post-apocalyptic dystopianism is popular subject in the fantasy forums. Considering your background, I'm really looking forward to seeing the ideas you have. Welcome aboard!
    Godspeed!

Novelist_Wannabe likes this.
  3. Lifeline

Lifeline South. Supporter Contributor

Sounds like you'll fit right in! Welcome :)

4. Sigma Zed

Sigma Zed Active Member

Hello! Welcome! :)