Tags:
  1. Adam Bolander

Adam Bolander Senior Member

Help me find a book!

Discussion in 'Discussion of Published Works' started by Adam Bolander, Oct 5, 2020.

A couple months ago, I saw a book at a Goodwill that sounded really cool, but it was the second book in the series. I looked up the first book, told myself I wouldn't forget what it was called...and promptly forgot everything about it. I can remember the basic premise, though. If it rings a bell to anyone, please tell me what it's called!

It's about a man who (I think) inherits a big old mansion, but finds out that each door leads to a different fantasy world (again, I think). He becomes the guardian of the house, whose duty it is to maintain balance...I think...and I think there was something about him having a talking dinosaur for a pet or companion. I've forgotten so much about it, but anything that might point me in the right direction would be awesome. Thanks!

2. J.T. Woody

J.T. Woody Book Witch Contributor

what does the cover look like?
    YA or adult?

3. Seven Crowns

Seven Crowns Moderator Staff Supporter Contributor Contest Winner 2022

I've heard of this too but haven't read it. I think it's the Dreamhouse Kings series. (?)

[​IMG]

4. Adam Bolander

Adam Bolander Senior Member

J.T. Woody likes this.
  5. ruskaya

ruskaya Contributor Contributor

I continue this thread not to open a new one--the title is generic enough--hope someone gets here to help me find the book.

somewhere in this forum someone posted about a book that is sort of a parody/satire of old detective novels, where instead of solving a crime from collecting all minute-yet-crucial details, it keeps going in all different directions without solving the crime. I am not sure the details of my description are right or whether I used the same vocabulary for the description (that could be why I cannot find the post with the search box). Does anybody know what book this is?