?

Should I Use "Selima", "Selena", or do you have an idea?

1. Keep Selima

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Use Selena

100.0%
  3. I have an idea! (Add below)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. ArriettySchoul

ArriettySchoul New Member

Help! Name Based On Nickname?

Discussion in 'Character Development' started by ArriettySchoul, May 10, 2017.

Hai everyone! Been a member for a little while but this is my first post!

So I'm writing a story for Wattpad {to improve my currently crappy writing} and I've come up with a bit of a dilemma.

I have 3 characters who the story revolves around;

Selima Crissafulli
    (MC)
    Cameron Crissafulli (MC's Adopted Brother)
    Karma Dullet (MC Best Friend)

The problem is that I'm not exactly thrilled with my MC (Selima)'s name. It sounds a little odd to me, giving me more of an old lady feel? MC is 23-24.

Her nickname by both other characters is supposed to be Cell (or Sel however you want to spell it but it's pronounced as Cell). I don't want to change her nickname since I've grown attatched to it.

Soooo I need you guys' help coming up with a new name that allows my chosen nickname. OR, let me know if you think I should keep her name.

Also, "Selena" is my go to if I can't find anything else. But I originally went with Selima because the best friend sometimes teases her with "Lima Bean" which I found slightly humorous??? Plus, Selena Gomez... Didn't really want a famous person's name.

Thanks in advance!!!

2. stingrae

stingrae Member

I Googled girl names that allow "Cell" as a nickname and this came up. I'm not sure how many allow the nickname, but it's a start, I hope!

http://www.thinkbabynames.com/start/0/Cel

3. ArriettySchoul

ArriettySchoul New Member

Thanks for the link! :blowkiss: I see a few I'll hold onto until I make a final decision.

4. Marina Grönbäck

Marina Grönbäck New Member

Selena is good for me :)