1. StoryWeaver

StoryWeaver Member

Help needed writing scenes

Discussion in 'Scripts and screenplays' started by StoryWeaver, Dec 21, 2014.

EDIT: Doh! I see where to do this now!
    https://www.writingforums.org/workshop/novels/

- - - - - - - -
    So I want to learn to go from writing a screenplay to writing a novel but my biggest weakness is taking material from a screenplay and learning to rewrite it as for a novel. Is there a place on the forum here where I can post a short paragraph of screenplay (mine) then my attempt at writing it as would be read in a novel, and then get help/critique on how I might improve my writing (for the novel)? I could take a course online but as I have studied story, characters, plot for years, I really need help primarily with (novel) writing style; and how to go about developing more subplots for which a screenplay has little room for (limited by 100 or so pages of script). I have books on the matter, but forum interaction and collective wisdom is often so helpful. :)

Last edited: Dec 21, 2014
  2. Word4WordServices

Word4WordServices Banned

Hi there!
    I am Lana, if you need any help with your writing just contact me at [LINK REMOVED]
    You can even view my website
    [LINK REMOVED]
    Look forward to hearing from you,
    Lana

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 27, 2014
  3. stevesh

stevesh Banned Contributor

From the Rules: No advertisements, including in posts, blogs, articles, resources, forum signatures, profiles, or anywhere on the forum. This includes free products, recruitment for external projects, other websites, publishing opportunities, and writing services. When posting about such products or services, particularly in the writing resource section, we consider items where you personally benefit or are affiliated with to be advertising. Advertising as a new member will result in a permanent ban. All such content is considered advertising; if you'd like to advertise on WritingForums.org, you can contact us regarding paid advertising.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 27, 2014
  4. StoryWeaver

StoryWeaver Member

I prefer the collective wisdom of the forum, its members. I do know of paid writing services, appreciate your enthusiasm, but I am looking more for help and feedback via the forum. Thank you.