help with a name

Discussion in 'Character Development' started by jazzabel, Mar 21, 2013.

Tags:
  1. cazann34

cazann34 Active Member

We're over run by Conner's in Scotland too. How about Daniel, Hayden, Michael or Jacob?

2. mammamaia

mammamaia nit-picker-in-chief Contributor

mckk...
    'malone' as in the irish version... it's not an italian name, so no 'ee' at the end... ;)
    and that guy was for some reason a 'last-namer' to all who knew him... seemed to fit better than his first name, 'ron'...

as for 'zaki' he was indonesian and had an islamic first name [zakiuddin], so the shortened nickname worked better for doing business in the western world...

liz...
    we were asked for 'sexy' names... so i left off my list one of my sexiest-ever [and longest-term] lovers, a 14-years-younger-than-me greek painter [former sailor and cook] named 'matthew' because that name just doesn't sound sexy at all to me... but he sure was!

for some reason, the short version 'matt' didn't fit him, so i never called him anything but his full name... that said, 'matt' could be sexy-sounding, i suppose...

and that's all i'm gonna say on the subject of my eclectic, looong-ago love life, folks! :cool:

3. jazzabel

jazzabel Agent Provocateur Contributor

@Mckk: I don't know the surname yet, but his name is Connor ;)

@chicagoliz: Daniel reminds me of some guy I didn't like, Michael is my baby-brother-in-law, and I love Jacob. Hayden reminds me of Aidan, he was cute (from SATC). You are much better with names than I am!

@maia: I must say, the sailor-painter-greek-god-cook Matt sounds lovely. I used to have a crush on a Matt once, he was a lot older than me though. But he had blue eyes, blonde hair and a twin brother :faint:

4. chicagoliz

chicagoliz Contributor Contributor

I can't take the credit -- it was actually Cazann who suggested them. FWIW, I do like Aiden, though.

I think I'm neutral on Matthew. But if I encountered your Greek Matthew, Maia, that might be enough to bump the name up to 'sexy.'

Although, come to think of it, I don't think I have a list of names I find sexy. I need some sort of image of the guy (even if I've never seen him), perhaps based on what he writes.

5. jazzabel

I'm so sorry cazann, I mixed up the comments, I answered chicagoliz instead of you. It's the iPad browsing, the window when I type is so small, I'm getting confused :D

@chicagoliz: Thanks for the heads up on the epic fail :) I do mix up you two sometimes, maybe because names start with C.

6. Fullmetal Xeno

Fullmetal Xeno Protector of Literature Contributor

I think Lilith is kind of a cool name, for a surname i would say Ausbrey. Lilith Ausbery. I hope that sounds good, it works out well to me. It's a rememberable first and last name and it's smooth to pronounce. :)

7. jazzabel

Thanks so much Xeno :) It does sound really good, actually, growing up I had a huge crush on a singer from The Cult, and his name was Ian Astbury so I might call her Lilith Astbury, it sounds the same.

8. slamdunk

slamdunk New Member

Just some "fun facts": in Sweden there are at least 70 people with the name Lilith and at least 30 persons with the name Lilit.

9. karminrose

karminrose New Member

1. Would name Lilith bother you in a character? Can you imagine a real person called Lilith?

Not at all as long as the story drags me in and keeps my interest the whole name thing isnt really a issue for me.I can imagine a real person named Lilith probably no one i would ever know though since the name sounds more elegant.

2. I think her nickname will be Lily, so either she will be known as Lily so-and-so and she can go around telling people occasionally her real name OR her mother can embarrass her by calling her 'Lily' in front of her work colleagues who know her only as Lilith. Does one work better than the other?
    I like lil better than lilly since lily is such a common nickname and name in general people might forget that her actual name is lilith and since it seems like your going for the whole unique thing i think lil would suit that,but its up to you.[/COLOR]

3. What would be a good surname to go with Lilith? It has to also go well with surname Loyd (another character who this girl spends time with)

I think the last one is up to you try googling some good surnames it should be easy to find.

And last question, if you feel like answering, I'd be grateful)

4. Can you think of any examples of sexy male names? I always start being really immature when I try to think of them which is why my love interest has no name yet.

I think everyone has their own opinions on sexy guy names for example alot of people think Ethan or Zach is sexy for a guy most of the time i don't but thats just me.Carter sounds really hot to me even Aaron or Dylan but thats just me.