1. MackenzieGirl

MackenzieGirl New Member

Help With Badly Injured Character!!!

Discussion in 'Fantasy' started by MackenzieGirl, Jun 13, 2018 at 12:07 PM.

Ok, so my story is high fantasy, set in medieval times. My MC is the crown prince and only child of the king (he is 15). Horse back riding is a big deal in the kingdom, the army is all mounted (no foot soldiers) military states is also a big deal.
    My MC falls of of his horse during the Games (a big festival held every year, to celebrate the military.) He sustains a bad injure to his back, as well as a head injury. The head injury causes him to have seizures. Basically I ruin my MC's life.
    I need to know if what I have come up with is even possible. And if it even sounds like a good idea.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2018 at 12:30 PM
  2. Dragon Turtle

Dragon Turtle Active Member

Sounds possible to me. Horseback riding accidents were the car accidents of pre-modern times, i.e. a common way people were injured or killed. And head injuries can indeed cause ongoing problems with seizures.

Is it a good idea? Dunno, that totally depends on whether it works in your story. :)

Cave Troll likes this.
  3. cfalnevermore

cfalnevermore New Member

I think it sounds like an interesting idea. There have been plenty of conquering heroes, or acrobatic thieves, or mystical magicians in the world (not that there's anything wrong with that). I think it would be a cool idea to explore a high fantasy world from the point of view of someone who is disabled. I'm not a medical expert, but I'm fairly sure an injury to the head or back could lead to seizures, and it's totally possible for even a seasoned rider to fall and get hurt.

4. GingerCoffee

GingerCoffee Web Surfer Girl Contributor