1. CaptainBooBoo

CaptainBooBoo New Member

Help With First-Person Narrative

Discussion in 'Word Mechanics' started by CaptainBooBoo, Sep 16, 2014.

Hello! I would like some help please with first person narrative. My novel opens with the character writing in his journal, ex. "This morning I jumped out of bed, etc. etc." I would like to know how and if I can change it from him writing in his journal to first-person narrative from where he leaves off in his journal, ex. "I must drive to the country now," and the first-person narrative starts with him in his car driving to the country. I had thought of the book being a fake journal of his life with the dates of the days he writes each "entry", but I thought that might be a little boring. I had also thought of him doing his entries in the journal in the first-person and then the book switching the the third-person, but I'm not sure if that would work. Hopefully you understand where I'm coming from. Thanks in advance for the help!

2. HoraceCombs

HoraceCombs New Member

I like this pattern because first person narrative is a narrative mode where a story is narrated by one character at a time. First person narrative can be singular, plural as well as multiple.