1. jtmillspa

jtmillspa New Member

Help with writing format

Discussion in 'Word Mechanics' started by jtmillspa, May 1, 2008.

Hey there, I am just looking for help from anybody that knows writing better than me, which is probably all of you.

I am writing a history paper, and we are using the CHICAGO style format. The only real problem I am having is figuring out how to use END NOTES. I would like to know of an example, A paper or something, to help me get going. I have the paper written, I just need to know how to insert the citations. I would appreciate a speedy response from anyone out there. Thank you very much.

Jeff

2. Banzai

Banzai One-time Mod, but on the road to recovery Contributor

Well a simple google search has brought up this:

http://www.libs.uga.edu/ref/chicago.html

It seems to explain quite clearly. In the body of text itself, you add the author and year of publication in brackets after the citation/quotation. As for the endnotes, it seems to explain how to make them, based on the kind of source it's taken from. Is that any good to you?

3. jtmillspa

jtmillspa New Member

thanks

I thank you sir, that should do the job. I guess I am just having trouble understanding how my professor wants it done. I just don't want to do it wrong. There are different ways of citing and using end notes. The english language... what a crazy thing it is. Thanks for your help.

4. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

I'm moving this to Writing Issues -> General Writing