1. reasontobelieve

reasontobelieve New Member

Hey everybody, my names brittany!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by reasontobelieve, Apr 29, 2008.

Hi! My name is Brittany and I'm 18 years old. I'm a senior in highschool. I live in New Jersey and I have my whole life. It's really boring! The reason I found myself on these forums is because of my sudden active approach to writing. I have always enjoyed writing ever since I was really young. I remember I use to type up short stories on microsoft word and my older sister would find them and taunt me. Then I used to write stories on The Sims (if you've ever played that, it's like you create your own world with people and you can take snapshots of them and add words to make a story).

As I started reading more, I got engrossed in Harry Potter (as ten year olds do) and I really got into fanfiction. I wrote a ton of short stories when I was thirteen and actually won a few fanfiction contests, haha. Then I got into highschool, but I never really lost the urge to write and frequently found myself bursting with ideas. My problem is not being able to put the ideas I have together and then getting frustrated and walking away, only to find myself back at a computer screen trying to articulate the things that go on in my brain.

I've had a livejournal since 2003, if anybody is interested. I've written in it faithfully since I was 13 and have frequently written random ideas that I've had but never had the time to act on (or the patience). I am finally ready to start feeding this hungry writing monster of mine and feel accomplished instead of disappointed! So that is why I'm here. I just thought a little background information would be nice, and I'm really excited to meet people (hopefully) like me.. :cool:

2. para_noir

para_noir New Member

Hello! I'm new here too :O

Anyway, I kinda have that problem with getting frustrated easily and giving up. :(

Well hope you get to write more here! :D
    And welcome to umm..here I suppose.

3. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

Hello Brittany, Welcome to the Writing Forums.

Your introduction seems very comfortable and conversational, and not at all forced. It makes a very good first impression.

If you haven't explored the site yet, you should probably do so soon. Newcomers often gravitate to the Lounge, the Word Games, or the Review Room, but there is much more to be discovered if you poke in the corners. Remember to check out our FAQ as well!

As for the Review Room, new joiners often wonder why we do things a bit differently on this site than on other writing sites. We emphasize reviewing as a critical writing skill. Training your eye by reviewing other people's work helps you improve your own writing even before you present it for others to see. Therefore, we ask members to review other people's writing before posting work of their own. The Review Room forums on this site, therefore, are true workshops, not just a bulletin board for displaying your work (and on that note, please only post each item for review in one Review Room forum). See this post, Why Write Reviews Before Posting My Work? for more information.

Enjoy your stay here, and have fun!

4. Quills By Pen

Quills By Pen Active Member

Welcome, to the Writing Forum Brittany.
    May you enjoy your time spent here.
    Quills

5. Oasis Writer

Oasis Writer Contributor Contributor

Cool avatar. :) Welcome

6. Kit

Kit Contributor Contributor

Hi Brittany, welcome to the forums :) GLad you decided to join us.

7. Hulk

Hulk Banned

Hey Brittany. Welcome to WF.org.

8. Sugar N. Spice

Sugar N. Spice New Member

Hey Brittany! Welcome to WF! :)